View Poll Results: Who will join the alliance to take down Kaido?

Voters
206. You may not vote on this poll
  • Eustass Kid

164 79.61%
  • Basil Hawkins

90 43.69%
  • X Drake

86 41.75%
  • Scratchmen Apoo

61 29.61%
  • Gekko Moriah

67 32.52%
  • ???

35 16.99%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Wano Thread

Default Re: Official Wano Thread

While I consider One Piece to be 99% near perfect series and almost never have issues or complaints, Wano has been leaving me with more negative feelings than any other arc ever has. While I should have every faith it'll all work out and be better by the end, it's a definite standout for me at the moment. So forgive me if I complain a little and vent some of my Wano worries.

This is definitely the first arc ever that I'm not particularly interested in the "save the country/island" side of the arc. Unlike with the usual arc-lead characters, I still haven't grown to like Momo, and Kinemon is forgettable after Punk Hazard. I should've really liked these guys already before this arc started (given how long they've been around), which should've led to me being completely supportive of everything and everyone in Wano. Instead I kinda just find most of the new Wano characters to be pretty boring to annoying. Tama's really the only Wano-citizen character I think I like so far. A more negative way to phrase this would be, "I don't care about Momo, Wano, or any new Samurai characters you keep introducing, I'm only here to see Luffy and the Strawhats pushed to their limits and beat Kaido and his crew."

I'm sure the Beast Pirates will get their moments in the following acts, but it really feels painful to slug through them being made fools of time and time again. It feels a little sad thinking that the Big Mom pirates might be needed just to make enough named threats to fight later. Granted, now we have a problem of needing to make sure Big Mom's forces don't just completely outshine Kaido's once/if they ever do finally become threatening. Also I won't count Hawkins, Drake, or Apoo among Kaido's forces until they're literally laying defeated. There's almost no doubt in my mind that they're waiting to betray.

I really don't like the scabbards being so strong (or at least implied). It's making me question why any of the non-monster trio Strawhats would fight anyone higher up before a scabbard would. I don't think anyone should want a Strawhat's big fight to be against someone at Holdem's level just because some of the Scabbards needed to fight the Calamities or the Flying Six. I was hoping for this arc to be the new "Alabasta or Enies Lobby," but if too many of them miss out, we'll at best get "Dressrosa" again (which only works so well cause half the strawhats leave and it's used to create the Grand Fleet). In the worst universe, we're getting something close to the "4th Great Shinobi War" and just gonna see tons of stupid battles between new characters with some of the strawhats just on crowd control. I would personally say only 1 or 2 Scabbards should get fights, and the rest plus all the minks (Carrot maybe excluded) and anyone else added to the alliance army should be on crowd control.

I love the idea of having all the Straw Hats participate in one giant attack against Kaido. Reminiscing on Thriller Bark, everyone with their new upgrades, it would be amazing paneling.

I ran into this page and thought: What if Usopp shoots Luffy like a rubber cannonball while the latter uses the advance haki as part of a unison attack to break Kaido scales. Robin can use her giant arms to clutch and stretch Kaido, Franky's radical beam, etc, etc.

Hidden:
    Hidden:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post
    Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks. Heroine: Kiku
    Hidden:

i love also the idea of all SH Crew do combo attack onto Kaido
    coz if we recall back of how BB Pirates also do the same when killing off Whitebeard at Marineford
    maybe it will happen like Luffy-Law-Kidd fighting Kaido. But at the finishing, SH Pirates whom done off Kaido at the end of arc
    Daaammnnn!

Quote Originally Posted by camey View Post
    i love also the idea of all SH Crew do combo attack onto Kaido
    coz if we recall back of how BB Pirates also do the same when killing off Whitebeard at Marineford
    Thank you.
    I don't know if that was your intention, but the parallel is exactly why I don't see it happen. Unless that comboattack fails horribly, of course.

I'd say it would not be to defeat Kaido but to break his scales.
    Hidden:
    Hidden:

iirc oda did say that kaido will be defeated in unusual way

so it open to us to imagine how the scene shuld happen

of coz not necessarily wholly correct

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

off topic:

did anyone know where Ceasar now?

did he escape with Bege or by himself at WCI?
    Daaammnnn!

Regardless of if it's Imu or Kaido that was given "immortality" from the Op Op fruit's last users "surgery", I can easily see Law's "Gamma knife" being used against Kaido at some point and leading to his defeat. Whether it results in a near instant death, or slowing him down enough for Luffy to beat him and have him die as a result.

Law was explicitly given a technique that CUTS PEOPLES ORGANS FROM THE INSIDE. The only time he's used it so far was on Doflamingo, who ass pulled sewing his own organs together with his fruit.

I truly believe that since the auction house, we've been set up for a Law, Luffy, Kid vs. Kaido set up. And I think its likely that Law's ridiculously powered fruit will at least lay the circumstances for Luffy to bring Kaido to death's door.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

Quote Originally Posted by Md-Martin View Post
    Regardless of if it's Imu or Kaido that was given "immortality" from the Op Op fruit's last users "surgery", I can easily see Law's "Gamma knife" being used against Kaido at some point and leading to his defeat. Whether it results in a near instant death, or slowing him down enough for Luffy to beat him and have him die as a result.

Law was explicitly given a technique that CUTS PEOPLES ORGANS FROM THE INSIDE. The only time he's used it so far was on Doflamingo, who ass pulled sewing his own organs together with his fruit.

I truly believe that since the auction house, we've been set up for a Law, Luffy, Kid vs. Kaido set up. And I think its likely that Law's ridiculously powered fruit will at least lay the circumstances for Luffy to bring Kaido to death's door.
    Not really an ass-pull, it was set up for it. To showcase what an awakened fruit can do.

Quote Originally Posted by SuburbanErrorist View Post
    Not really an ass-pull, it was set up for it. To showcase what an awakened fruit can do.
    He sewed his internal organs together.

And fought Gear 4th Luffy afterwards.

It was an absolute asspull to have his INTERNAL ORGANS SHREDDED” using his own fruit to sew them back (as if that magically makes them work again) and fight against Gear 4th Luffy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

Doflamingo was just that nice. Ironically I would've taken more of an issue with it if we knew long in advance that Gamma Knife was a technique Law could use.

I'm starting to believe that Momo could defeat Orochi on his own. He's clearly much weaker and stupider than the average Straw Hat and potentially any of the Scabbards.
    Orochi doesn't seem to have any haki proficiency so if Momo learns the basics of armament haki and takes advantage of the element of surprise it seems possible.

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    I'm starting to believe that Momo could defeat Orochi on his own. He's clearly much weaker and stupider than the average Straw Hat and potentially any of the Scabbards.
    Orochi doesn't seem to have any haki proficiency so if Momo learns the basics of armament haki and takes advantage of the element of surprise it seems possible.
    I think it would be better if he starts to accept and learn his DF instead.

Kinemon seems to me like the guy who has to handle Orochi, but Momo dealing some finishing move sure is what Momo needs for redemption.
    The epic battle of BusterCall vs. Don is decided !!!
    And the results are 3:2 for Don..

I think it's like when people underestimated blackbeard because he either cries from pain or gets defeated easy, or runs away.
    Orochi has the most rare fruit in the world. Defeating one of the 5 only known mythicals zoans will likely go to someone that can put up a good fight, not 8 years olds.
    What if orochi in dragon mode can regenerate from any attack like marco, I wanna see momo beat marco 2.0. Zoro is the only one so far that took interest in beating orochi and had conflict with him in the first half of the arc. And with the ties of wano and ryuuma have in the village of zoro…

There are some young ninjas in the squad of orochi, so maybe momo takes one of them.
    Last edited by uniaka ikuzakas; July 15th, 2019 at 10:02 AM.

This theory always felt more like a meme tbh, but Momo's training has to get a payoff on either Orochi or Kaido I suppose, so I guess we'll see.

iirc oda did say that kaido will be defeated in unusual way
    Oda only said that Kaido is so freakishly strong that he doesn't know how it will unfold yet, so he and Luffy "have to think of a way" to beat him.

It will be Luffy vs. Kaido, no one of the alliance will help him "down" this emperor. Maybe, MAYBE Momonosuke will play a small part in the end, but even that I can't see (Orochi is the real Demon Ogre here, and Momo does have a mythical super zoan that he just can't control yet).

Law and Kidd will obviously play a part in dealing with the Beast Pirates, probably even with a cool standoff panel vs. King, Queen & Kaido (similiar to Sabaody), but that's it.
    If they do a combo attack then it's only to further establish the superiority of Kaido, with the attack being completely useless (and Luffy defeating Kaido later in a roundabout way, likely Rubber Awakening).
    Last edited by Jabra; July 15th, 2019 at 09:13 AM.

I hope Oda doesn't pull a Hao on Kaido.

can a shinobu's mature-mature fruit done on human?
    any possibility momo get sudden growing/age by this technic?
    Daaammnnn!

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    Oda only said that Kaido is so freakishly strong that he doesn't know how it will unfold yet, so he and Luffy "have to think of a way" to beat him.

It will be Luffy vs. Kaido, no one of the alliance will help him "down" this emperor. Maybe, MAYBE Momonosuke will play a small part in the end, but even that I can't see (Orochi is the real Demon Ogre here, and Momo does have a mythical super zoan that he just can't control yet).

Law and Kidd will obviously play a part in dealing with the Beast Pirates, probably even with a cool standoff panel vs. King, Queen & Kaido (similiar to Sabaody), but that's it.
    If they do a combo attack then it's only to further establish the superiority of Kaido, with the attack being completely useless (and Luffy defeating Kaido later in a roundabout way, likely Rubber Awakening).
    Maybe the trick is taking a spear or arrow made out of solid seastone and impaling Kaido in his x-shaped wound? After all, every dragon has to have a gap in his scales.

can a shinobu's mature-mature fruit done on human?
    any possibility momo get sudden growing/age by this technic?
    I don't see why not, I think that both Tama and Momo could be candidates.
    Hidden:
    Hidden:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information