+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14

Thread: Volume 88 Predictions/Discussion

Default Re: Volume 88 Predictions/Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Law-ya View Post
    This is a beaten horse but Law? German???
    He's "the surgeon of death" dude. That's clearly a reference to Dr. Mengele.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post

Sulong Pandaman under the dust jacket made my night.
    Is there an image of this?

Purely coincidence

Quote Originally Posted by AvocadoInTheRain View Post
    Is there an image of this?

lol that's great

Purely coincidence

That's amazingly funny! One of the best pandaman cameos.
    I'm a bit afraid thay Oda can now retcon Pandaman as a mink. Don't know if anyone has asked about that in an sbs.
    I'd prefer if he's just a guy with a panda head, bizarre and nonsensical.

Low quality cover for the digital edition. I'll never fully understand why they delay the digital release so much when no other Jump series seems to be getting that treatment.

Sorry but i think that the translation about galette's sister is POIRE not BOIRE (pear en french), in katakana is written like this ポアール (poaaru) and it's very similar like the image that is written like this ポワール (powaaru)

ONE PIECE VOLUME 88 DIGITAL RAW HQ

https://www.sendspace.com/file/e2nhi4

Low quality cover for the digital edition. I'll never fully understand why they delay the digital release so much when no other Jump series seems to be getting that treatment.
    https://images-fe.ssl-images-amazon....1bIJtxVGyL.jpg
    They probably don't want to mess with brick and mortar stores too much. Something that huge and high selling you don't want to cut into initially.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    They probably don't want to mess with brick and mortar stores too much. Something that huge and high selling you don't want to cut into initially.
    Mmm, they wouldn't want to cannibalise their own sales, same reason things like the colour version and the logs keep a little way behind what's current. It's incredible that a simultaneous physical/digital release would have such an impact on One Piece specifically though. Just seems a bit weird that it's the only series getting this treatment.

Quite the contrary: I suspect (though would love confirmation) that Shueisha's business models rely a good deal on the sales related to and stemming from the physical release of One Piece--they are a 69 year-old publishing company first and foremost, after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    There's a great lighthearted vibe around here, because no matter how serious we might get, we're all together because of some magical pirate.

Probably all of the above plus there's the fact that digital sales still aren't included in the Oricon charts, so having simultaneous digital and physical release might be unappealing for the sake of appearances.

Mmm, they wouldn't want to cannibalise their own sales, same reason things like the colour version and the logs keep a little way behind what's current. It's incredible that a simultaneous physical/digital release would have such an impact on One Piece specifically though. Just seems a bit weird that it's the only series getting this treatment.
    Other series don't sell 3 million copies every volume.

Now that Naruto , Bleach, AssClass, etc. have all finished the closest thing they have is HxH selling 1 million copies... and that's only a volume once a year. My Hero Academia is on the rise and all its volumes combined are selling pretty decent, but its not individually supporting the entire company. Haikyuu, Food Wars, etc. all sell okay. But nothing anywhere near the beast that is OP.

OP is the only huge seller they have right now (and its by far and away the hugest) so yes, it gets special treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Other series don't sell 3 million copies every volume.

Now that Naruto , Bleach, AssClass, etc. have all finished the closest thing they have is HxH selling 1 million copies... and that's only a volume once a year. My Hero Academia is on the rise and all its volumes combined are selling pretty decent, but its not individually supporting the entire company. Haikyuu, Food Wars, etc. all sell okay. But nothing anywhere near the beast that is OP.

OP is the only huge seller they have right now (and its by far and away the hugest) so yes, it gets special treatment.
    You're right, if there's any series that deserves special treatment it's this one.

The only other of the big sellers I read was AssClass and I remember the releases being pretty close together for that. Any idea if Naruto or Bleach had a delay back in the day?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information