+ Reply to Thread
Page 457 of 459 FirstFirst ... 357 407 447 455 456 457 458 459 LastLast
Results 9,121 to 9,140 of 9177

Thread: My Hero Academia - Grand Theft Mano

Default Re: My Hero Academia - Grand Theft Mano

Excellent reference to his own character development, love it!

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

'But abuse of it is abolutely forbidden'.

LOL
    3DS FC: 0087 - 2971 - 9910

That Quirk Evolution explanation is totally bullshit in my opinion. Are you telling me in less than a century, every kid will be a Darkseid?
    Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords
    Hybrid Reboot.

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

I really like this mini-arc. I'm so glad it lasted more than one or two chapters that the skeptic in me was predicting. The way this manga tackles superhero themes like popularity, role modeling, and genetic inheritance on a societal scale is so awesome.

I'm half-expecting the next chapter to talk about something cheesy yet cool, like Endeavor always believing his flames were only meant for scorching people but Shouto likes using his flames to warm the hearts of the innocent.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekketsu View Post
    'But abuse of it is abolutely forbidden'.

LOL
    lol That reminded me of this:

It is pretty funny. But then I think about all of the potential for darker superhero stories to tackle this with the likes of corrupt officials, killers, and rapists like with the Purple Man/Kilgrave in Jessica Jones. Where it becomes very scary.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    That Quirk Evolution explanation is totally bullshit in my opinion. Are you telling me in less than a century, every kid will be a Darkseid?
    I don't see why it's BS at all. It makes total sense. It's the same as how any person likely has roots dating linking back to several races and geographical locations rather than being completely "purebred". Or from a mental aspect, how educational opportunities and technological advancements with each generation makes each new batch of kids often have more worldly knowledge (which obviously comes with a bunch of flaws in beliefs and dependency). Except it's a lot more advanced in this case because Quirks can vary with almost any individual.

If several of this generation's Todorokis hook up with a few of the Momos, then yes, I expect a bunch of Darkseids and Thanoses in one or two centuries lol. Not EVERY kid would be like that, but probably enough to cause big controversies.

Naruto, for all of its faults, even advocated a similar belief of the new generation surpassing the old. Although that was only executed in the way of each clan or individual's successors leaving their predecessors in the dust.
    Last edited by Count Mario; January 12th, 2018 at 02:52 PM.

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    If several of this generation's Todorokis hook up with a few of the Momos, then yes, I expect a bunch of Darkseids and Thanoses in one or two centuries lol. Not EVERY kid would be like that, but probably enough to cause big controversies.
    It's admittedly ambiguous, but I interpreted the line as less "big old villains who can't be stopped" and more "inadvertent planet-busters who sneeze and accidentally blow up the moon." That sort of scenario is more chilling, as an eschatological theory. Like humanity is inevitably converging towards this doomsday singularity that doesn't even rely on people being villainous jerks.

Quote Originally Posted by CCC View Post
    It's admittedly ambiguous, but I interpreted the line as less "big old villains who can't be stopped" and more "inadvertent planet-busters who sneeze and accidentally blow up the moon." That sort of scenario is more chilling, as an eschatological theory. Like humanity is inevitably converging towards this doomsday singularity that doesn't even rely on people being villainous jerks.
    That is exactly how I interpreted it too. I only cited those villains because of how they are practically unstoppable and respond attacks from Superman and Thor like being annoyed by flies. Maybe a better example would be a character like the Hulk since Bruce Banner transforms into a destructive beast if he can't control his emotions. I really like where this can go, especially if the series goes past high school.

Hell, Eri herself is a prime example of how real this dangerous singularity can be.

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

Pretty fun chapter, we needed some fresh air after such a long serious arc. It was nice to see Bakugou acting mature and actually laughing at something. The slide spread was amazing. About Endeavor, well, I can see him getting redemption in the future by dying in a badass way fighting Gigantomachia and injuring him.

About the quirks getting stronger with each generation, well, it isnīt that weird, it makes me think of when AFO used at the same time various quirks to make combo moves, unless the two quirks are detrimental to each other the resulting one will be most likely better than the parents ones. Still it sounded more like ALL quirks are getting stronger just because and thatīs a little weird, so far the only quirk of AFOīs tier has been Eriīs.

Quote Originally Posted by DestinyDogma View Post
    About Endeavor, well, I can see him getting redemption in the future by dying in a badass way fighting Gigantomachia and injuring him.
    I've been predicting a Darth Vader-esque redemption too. Although I hope it's not as soon as fighting Gigantomachia since he seems primed up to be the next arc antagonist (but I'm all game for him being a recurring character).

This arc has been incredible, definitely my favorite since the AFO arc.
    Hoping the next chapter is wrap up, mainly focusing on what direction Endavour will take from this, positively or negatively.

Yeah, I really liked this kids mini-arc. Honestly, I think this series is at its best when it focuses on the school stuff. It just feels like it's more in its element.

The very natural character development of this series is such a great thing.

Bakugo actually giving advice to the kid is such a good moment.

Really liked this chapter. If we consider that little interlude an arc I think it might be my favorite. Actually focusing on something else than battle, a little depth on Endeveor and showing development of the main cast. Yup that ending really makes me hope that author is getting over his fear of being cancelled if there isn't action all the time. Maybe he'll even start having lasting consequences for fan favorite.

Don't mess with the Law if you don't have an Ace up your sleeve.

Quote Originally Posted by CCC View Post
    Can't help but wonder if there's a potential "Cure for quirks" plot coming in the future. What if people in charge decide eradication of quirks is best for the greater good. Don't think I need to describe all the potential conflict coming from that to anyone here.

At any rate, no good writer would just drop a bug like that without addressing it in any way further down the road.

Btw, wonder if we'll see a time travel of any kind. Like someone jumping to or from the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Discovered Stowaway K. Kira XXIII's Avatar

Aren't we already seeing people like that with Eri?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post

Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks. Heroine: Kiku

I hope we don't go that way with the quirk thing. It makes sense in the Marvel/DC/wathever comics world because quirks/powers are an abnormality. But having people suddenly treat it as a desease when it is the norm would be weird.

The idea of the quirk singularity make sense to think about from a societal point of view(basically becoming to strong to not self destruct) but aside from terrorist point I don't believe let's fuck up with the DNA of the majority of the population makes sense.

Vigilantes: Chapter 21 is out!
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/chapt...21/6556?read=1

Spoiler:
    Good Pop chapter. A much better character when not being tsundere. More concert build-up. Captain Celebrity is either dying or getting trashed in some way. Poor slime kid. Guess he go a double dose or an new version of Trigger. Expecting all hell breaking loose next chapter.

As for the the main series, a nice wrap-up. Bakugou with the character develop is always good. Not sure how the teacher will keep them in line later. Points to Gang Orca for believing the FF can pull it off. Good thing Camie didn't apply to UA, with her quirk she'd be in the General Dept.

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Btw, wonder if we'll see a time travel of any kind. Like someone jumping to or from the future.
    You know, I was thinking a future MHA movie plot could involve someone with a time travel quirk and his gang showing up in the present.

NNID: jervinnectar

All the talk about future remind me of Negima.

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    I hope we don't go that way with the quirk thing. It makes sense in the Marvel/DC/wathever comics world because quirks/powers are an abnormality. But having people suddenly treat it as a desease when it is the norm would be weird.

The idea of the quirk singularity make sense to think about from a societal point of view(basically becoming to strong to not self destruct) but aside from terrorist point I don't believe let's fuck up with the DNA of the majority of the population makes sense.
    I'm honestly game for something like X-Men: The Last Stand if it gets properly built up for years upon years of societal ramifications. And I can't help but feel interested in the possibility that heroes/law enforcement without powers (and probably with gadgets) end up overshadowing the heroes with powers. It would ironically resemble why people tend to prefer characters like Batman over Superman and tie-in to how we've seen how much sway heroes can have in the populace through popularity (Vigilantes talked about this in how society decided to distinguish which vigilantes were heroes or villains, right?). Actually... it would be a lot like Syndrome's plan in the Incredibles. And I can even imagine All for One or Shigaraki (if he inherits his sensei's Quirk somehow) wanting to keep all of the Quirks. Have the mastermind for all of this be some sort of anti-chapter one Deku and this can go places.

But I'm probably getting WAY ahead of myself as I'm only talking about possibilities I think would be fun upon years of build-up lol. I really love the superhero motifs in this manga a lot. Only a real superhero geek like Horikoshi could write a manga like My Hero Academia.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    I'm honestly game for something like X-Men: The Last Stand if it gets properly built up for years upon years of societal ramifications. And I can't help but feel interested in the possibility that heroes/law enforcement without powers (and probably with gadgets) end up overshadowing the heroes with powers. It would ironically resemble why people tend to prefer characters like Batman over Superman and tie-in to how we've seen how much sway heroes can have in the populace through popularity (Vigilantes talked about this in how society decided to distinguish which vigilantes were heroes or villains, right?). Actually... it would be a lot like Syndrome's plan in the Incredibles. And I can even imagine All for One or Shigaraki (if he inherits his sensei's Quirk somehow) wanting to keep all of the Quirks. Have the mastermind for all of this be some sort of anti-chapter one Deku and this can go places.

But I'm probably getting WAY ahead of myself as I'm only talking about possibilities I think would be fun upon years of build-up lol. I really love the superhero motifs in this manga a lot. Only a real superhero geek like Horikoshi could write a manga like My Hero Academia.
    Like I said a terrorist could work. But while it would be an interesting arc it wouldn't the societal thing Razh was talking. My problem with the societal or last stand plot is that it doesn't make much sense in this society. Quirks aren't an abnormality it is the norm. It wouldn't make sense for them to suddenly decide everyone should lose it. Not when the society is that stable and 80% of the population are among those you consider diseased. A lunatic thinking like that yes. A whole society I don't buy.

Season 1 of Korra pulled it where a minority of powered made the rest feel inadequate but it worked well thanks to benders being an abnormality which made the concern legitimate. They might reform heroes same way they reform football but they are erasing everyone quirks more than we are removing everyone legs. Or at least I don't think it makes sense in world where quirks are the norm.

Given how dangerous quirks could become, I'd love to see someone raise the possibility that quirks really aren't good for society (but in a less overtly villainous way than Overhaul). We've seen the flaws in hero society several times and not just villains but everyone continues to get stronger, the world might at some point in the future be honestly better without them. Of course, that goes against both the series' major hook and its themes of self improvement, but it would be absolutely fascinating if handled properly late in the series.

If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information