+ Reply to Thread
Page 497 of 497 FirstFirst ... 397 447 487 495 496 497
Results 9,921 to 9,934 of 9934

Thread: Marvel Movies Thread - Holy Shitballs

Default Re: Marvel Movies Thread - Holy Shitballs

Quote Originally Posted by MajinArekkusu View Post
    Nothing special about the disney star wars movies or any marvel movie for that matter either. They would only be the highest grossing movies because of popularity, just like avatar.
    Sure, but at least future generations will understand that the Disney dominance of the box office was a long and influential timeperiod, that changed cinema indefinitely and will probably be interested in understanding it. Avatar meanwhile, I can't think of a single person who cares in the slightest about it.

Dog does not approve. onemoment's Avatar

I saw the movie a second time, this time with family:

Spoiler:
    Spiderman's "I don't want to go" scene still hurts.

Slightly more serious news, Stan Lee had his social media hacked and needs help:
    https://movieweb.com/stan-lee-hacked...edia-accounts/

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

The most underrated Spider-Man villain, Mysterio, will finally appear in live-action as the main villain of Spider-Man: Homecoming's sequel.

Jake Gyllenhaal is in talks to play him.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/5/21/17...ake-gyllenhaal

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...sterio-1113764
    Last edited by Count Mario; May 21st, 2018 at 04:39 PM.

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

I wonder if they are going to go full fishbowl.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Bruce Campbell should get a cameo.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Adams
    I have always been dissatisfied, I know that. But lately I find I reek of discontentment; it fills my throat and floods my brain. Sometimes I fear there's no longer a dream but only the discontentment.

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    Just what I was thinking. Can they make the whole dome work in live action?

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

moviebob makes a good case for why we shouldn't be so hard on that guy:

Hype Specimen Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

I love Mysterio. I wonder if Mac Gargan will be in the spotlight too; Scorpion is another one of my favorites, although I will admit I'm a bit hesitant about him out of fear that his suit would be clunky metal lol.

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    Just what I was thinking. Can they make the whole dome work in live action?
    Yes, its easy. You just put an underlight in it and have some smoke effects so the guy inside has a spooky skeleton face rather than a big fishbowl and it works just fine. You can also slim down the bowl some to look better. Or make it reflective metal or a dark substance.

Just don't make it... a glass fishbowl.

Hidden:

This is a doctor who example and a spacesuit, but... same principle.
    Last edited by Robby; May 22nd, 2018 at 12:45 AM.

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

The fishbowl needs to be preserved in all of its pristine glory. I'm fine with either an anonymous dark silhouette inside or a spooky skull. Like Robby said, there are enough instances to show how it can work.

What I'm more concerned with is his cape and the wireframe. Strange shows that the cape can work, but they might want to make it tattered so it stands out more. Or go for more of a scarf-esque look.

But that green wireframe body suit has to be rehauled. It looks way too simplistic and tacky. But I'm sure they can add more detail or come up with something else like they did with Vulture.

I just hope that they keep Mysterio's main colors as green and purple instead of going for black and grey in a shallow attempt to make him look intimidating. Embrace how colorfully flamboyant he is. He's a showman, not a try-hard.

And while Mysterio's antics are bound to result in a lot of hilarity (I hope that Jake really hams up his voice instead of trying to sound scary in a cliche way), his illusions should also still maintain some seriousness. His illusions have been used in some very dark stories to ruin lives and manipulate heroes into killing people. They don't have to go as dark as having Wolverine kill all of the X-Men in the original comic book Old Man Logan story, but something like seeing how Peter watched Uncle Ben die (just an example, I'm not saying it has to be that) is the type of gravitas that shouldn't go to waste. Illusion powers need respect for how far they can bring up insecurities and traumatize people.

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Yes, its easy. You just put an underlight in it and have some smoke effects so the guy inside has a spooky skeleton face rather than a big fishbowl and it works just fine. You can also slim down the bowl some to look better. Or make it reflective metal or a dark substance.

Just don't make it... a glass fishbowl.

Oooo, I like the first one. That's lovely art. For a fishbowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post

And while Mysterio's antics are bound to result in a lot of hilarity (I hope that Jake really hams up his voice instead of trying to sound scary in a cliche way), his illusions should also still maintain some seriousness. His illusions have been used in some very dark stories to ruin lives and manipulate heroes into killing people. They don't have to go as dark as having Wolverine kill all of the X-Men in the original comic book Old Man Logan story, but something like seeing how Peter watched Uncle Ben die (just an example, I'm not saying it has to be that) is the type of gravitas that shouldn't go to waste. Illusion powers need respect for how far they can bring up insecurities and traumatize people.
    Kinda makes me think of Scarecrow. And a well-written Scarecrow is a fabulous villain.

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    Not gonna watch the movie if they don't, it's been too much suffering already with the Rhino.

Saw Deadpool 2.

So far, I like the current trend of Deadpool movies doing justice to underutilized X-Men characters who go shafted in their own franchise. Especially that one:
    Spoiler:
    Even though he wasn't all that more complex than the X-3 version of Juggernaut, he was a lot more entertaining.

Cable was… okay, I think? I don't know, I still have to simmer on this one. Brolin was absolutely fine, but the character, eh.
    Spoiler:
    Maybe the whole "my wife and daughter were murdered in my past" trope as a character motivation is getting worn down on me by now. But he was a fantastic counterpoint for Deadpool's character, having to be the straight no-b.s. character who's constantly rolling his eyes at DP's… everything: Comments, actions, logic, all of it.

I'd definitely would be okay seeing him in the next movie, tagging along with Deadpool as they work towards whatever their next conflict will be.

Definitely the best post-credit sequence. And, maybe I'm just taking it too seriously, but…
    Spoiler:
    so he saved his gf… But did he just nullify the whole movie by doing so? I mean, I get the feeling that Cable was going to travel back in time to come after Russell regardless of Vanessa's fate since it was unrelated. Problem is, if Vanessa lives, then DP's motive for saving Russell is gone, which causes more problems for the future.

I get the feeling DP3 is going to go in whatever direction it wants and not take it too seriously, or ignore it altogether. And I'm okay with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Zoro View Post
    Definitely the best post-credit sequence. And, maybe I'm just taking it too seriously, but…
    Spoiler:
    so he saved his gf… But did he just nullify the whole movie by doing so? I mean, I get the feeling that Cable was going to travel back in time to come after Russell regardless of Vanessa's fate since it was unrelated. Problem is, if Vanessa lives, then DP's motive for saving Russell is gone, which causes more problems for the future.

I get the feeling DP3 is going to go in whatever direction it wants and not take it too seriously, or ignore it altogether. And I'm okay with that.
    I completely agree. Don't know if they will stay true to this action, make a joke about it, or just ignore it in DP3, but I'm okay with them fucking around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information