+ Reply to Thread
Page 466 of 466 FirstFirst ... 366 416 456 464 465 466
Results 9,301 to 9,306 of 9306

Thread: Marvel Movies Thread - Can't keep a good God down.

Default Re: Marvel Movies Thread - Can't keep a good God down.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    I catch your drift entirely.
    He does?
    Or maybe just something I heard in Civil War. Might be a take on the Avengers theme.

I know that rap/hip hop is prevalent in the trailers and you mean no harm, but that generalization is jumping the gun into stereotyping territory. I'm with Green vs Red. Although I doubt there will be anything particular meaningful that makes me think "YEAH, THIS IS THE CALLING CARD FOR KING T'CHALLA: THE BLACK PANTHER" like everybody else.
    Oh no, I say that because Kendrick Lamar is doing the soundtrack. I fully expect of his songs to play during the final battle in some shape or form. Guardians is all about the oldies and this one will be hip-hop.

I don't how to feel about remembering and liking more DCEU original scores than the MCU lol.
    The Dark Knight credits song at the 13:00 mark for the next minute is such heaven!

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by baby-boo View Post
    Or maybe just something I heard in Civil War. Might be a take on the Avengers theme.
    Most likely.

You know, just the other day I was trying to look up the track for the final showdown between Steve and Tony. My memory somehow convinced me that an impressive piece played. But then I listen to the track and it's just... background noise. That's the only way I can describe it.

Oh no, I say that because Kendrick Lamar is doing the soundtrack. I fully expect of his songs to play during the final battle in some shape or form. Guardians is all about the oldies and this one will be hip-hop.
    I apologize for the misunderstanding lol.

The Dark Knight credits song at the 13:00 mark for the next minute is such heaven!
    You know what, I just realized that we don't have to worry about Disney not giving memorable superhero themes for that much longer. In fact, it'll be as soon as this year! During the summer, in fact.

Spoiler:

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

Most likely.

You know, just the other day I was trying to look up the track for the final showdown between Steve and Tony. My memory somehow convinced me that an impressive piece played. But then I listen to the track and it's just... background noise. That's the only way I can describe it.
    I had the exact same thought!

Actually, there's a nice dramatic tune playing when Bucky is pounding on Tony, trying to rip apart his glowy-reactor-thingy. It's short but nice.

I somewhat envisioned something like though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAM80pXTjYQ#t=03m05s

Although it might be a little too tragic.

You know what, I just realized that we don't have to worry about Disney not giving memorable superhero themes for that much longer. In fact, it'll be as soon as this year! During the summer, in fact.
    Oh yeah. But that reminds me that Marvel also owns Fantastic Four now. 50/50 on it getting a good theme. Higher probability since it's a team. Gotta have a theme for a team.

I apologize for the misunderstanding lol.
    No prob!

Wait, country? I... can't picture that in the movie at all. Unless maybe that's Klaw's theme (I use the word "theme" loosely considering the topic).
    Hey if they can jam cheesy pop into Coming To America (and use it as the main theme) why not
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

The entire Black Panther soundtrack is just Gil Scott Heron. All his bad songs tho.

Except for scenes with Klaw, where Kill The Boer just plays over and over again.

Formerly Vegard Aune Lord Starfish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Rin View Post
    IMO, Iron Man 2's biggest issue is that it is the first movie that had to juggle universe building with being a movie in its own right.

They didn't know if Iron Man 1 or Incredible Hulk would be a success so the universe teases "I'm here to talk to you about the Avenger Initiative" and "We're putting a team together" etc were last minute things added literally to the end of the movie as fun easter eggs rather than "For serious guys, we're doing The Avengers and need to set it up!" whereas Iron Man 2 was the first movie where before production started, The Avengers was definitely a thing they had planned that they wanted to do.

It reeks of "We need to build a cinematic universe now, but nobody has ever done this before so we're still figuring out how this works"

I feel like there's an interesting movie in there buried under ham-fisted universe building crap.

Like, SHIELD didn't need to be in that movie at all. You can take SHIELD out of the movie with minimal impact and it wouldn't affect the plot all too much. Just have Tony find the video where his dad talks about the "New Element" etc in his own Stark Expo stuff instead of being given to him by Fury and bam. The only important thing Fury does in the movie is gone. Natasha isn't even really needed either, the only important thing she does in the movie beyond set up Fury scenes is when she gets Control of Rhodey's suit back, but that could have been accomplished in any other number of ways (Tony puts JARVIS on it who does it remotely, After Pepper gets Hammer's guys working on it, one of them manages to crack the suit, etc)

I get it. They had no guide on how to do this so it was growing pains, still produced an iffy result.
    Honestly, it's not even the franchise stuff that bothers me about it: I just find the actual plot of the movie to be riddled with holes and all around filled to the brim with scenes that just stretch my suspension of disbelief too far. The whole "new element" thing is just... Okay, so first Tony manages to find the formula for something that doesn't even exist yet in his dad's old miniature city, then JARVIS flat-out says that it is "impossible to synthesize"... then Tony breaks down a few walls and manages to make it anyway? Then it *instantly* cures his blood poisoning? Also it feels kinda tone-deaf. Like, the fight between Tony and Rhodey feels like it's meant to be a funny scene, for crying out loud. Our main character fighting his best friend should not be played for comedy! And then there's the whole fight on the race track which is just all kinds of what is this I don't even. I mean, the movie kept me entertained, I'll give it that much... but it does not hold up very well. I'm almost done rewatching all the MCU movies now (just watched Age of Ultron), and I feel pretty confident in saying that Iron Man 2 is the worst of them by far.
    Yibis One Piece Fansubs
    http://yibis.com - #yibis@irc.rizon.net

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information