+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: 504: ''To Fulfill a Promise - Separate Departures!''

Default Re: 504: ''To Fulfill a Promise - Separate Departures!''

i can see the ice witch in the preview

Bartholomew Kuma was with Dragon a couple of episodes ago and when Dragon returns to the ship, Kuma is no where to be seen perhaps he helped Sabo by sending him somewhere far away?

Sabo lives!

"Why are you aboard our ship Lily?" -Monkey D. Luffy

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Bartholomew Kuma was with Dragon a couple of episodes ago and when Dragon returns to the ship, Kuma is no where to be seen perhaps he helped Sabo by sending him somewhere far away?
    Preferably to a very good doctor and/or mad scientist.

Nice episode, I'm actually starting to like dadan.
    What doesn't kill me, makes me stronger.

Good episode but they really dropped the ball with the "I'm weak!!!!!!!!!" bit.
    Check out my tumblr for my thoughts on random movies and manga^^

http://lion-kun.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post

Sabo lives!
    What suprise... never would have thought that

It's cool in the preview that they did the "world's walls closing in on Luffy" thing; I didn't know they paid that much attention to the manga. Now if they do Luffy holding up his fingers, 'cause at first it's a little hard to tell what's going on in that panel (I didn't notice it 'til I reread chapter 590 like 3 times), then they will have my gratitude.

I was double checking the dragon portion and well it will be lovely that sabo lived.
    ^^sue^^

Quote Originally Posted by Yuugi's Black Magician View Post
    Your attempt to de-value my post by referencing my avatar--a shot from a horrendously drawn episode of Dragon Ball Z--does not inspire me to reply to your post with earnest feelings. Attempting to tie the discussion into a comparison with Dragon Ball also falls short on the basic level that Toriyama Akira doesn't write a story to be overbearingly melodramatic like Oda. Toriyama never puts too much heart of stock in trying to make the reader feel for his characters because it simply isn't in his nature. He's a gag artist that stumbled into the over-the-top 1980s-1990s martial arts genres. Oda, by his own admittance, is always trying to get some form of emotional response out of the reader. He's always pushing the drama and humor to extremes to make a "great comic for boys" in some obsession with never making the series too adult. This manifests in the Goa Kingdom arc most prominently because Oda is obviously rushing so that the next arc can begin as close to chapter #600 as possible. As such, this leaves us with unbeliably one-dimensional and under-developed characters, like Sabo's parents, and the inner-workings of the Goa nobility. It's hard for me to not roll my eyes during this arc when I should obviously be feeling something for the characters and their plight.

That aside, there are some overall positives I can list for this arc.

•Placing this arc after the Marineford war breaks from Oda's usual structure and storytelling by placing the emphasis on the tragedy that has unfolded in Luffy's life.
    •Sabo developes both Ace and Luffy, solidifying why they both feel strongly about each other as brothers. The slim hope that Sabo may still be alive is also reassuring, if schmaltzy.
    •Dragon's motives are made much more clear simply because of one well-done scene (despite questionable build-up).
    •The King backstabs Bluejam. I wouldn't have suspected this out of Oda, so I have to give him credit. He typically avoids having serious, out-right coldhearted and serious bastards (save Lucci).
    ??? Devalue your post? I just assumed you were a big fan of Dragon Ball. Thats all. Oda writes to be overbearingly melodramatic? Listen, though I think you're overanalyzing a tad bit, we've got fans from both spectrums saying the flashback was too long or too short. Wait, so the next chapter could be AS close to chapter 600? That makes no sense, now maybe if it was at chapter 600, than fine but it wasn't. Oda could've easily made two filler-esc chapters if he wanted too. I don't see whats so 1D about Sabos parents as they were sweating with some sort of compassion when Sabo "died". I don't see how you even expect Oda to develop such a minor character. Most would not care. Thats like asking for more development on Mr.11 from Baroque Works -.-. Are those positives really the only thing you've got from the series? As in surprises? What are you comparing this to? A better manga in your opinion?

Great episode. After this, I'm 100% convinced Sabo is very much alive, albiet suffering amnesia. It'll make for a very emotional reunion in the future when the 2 of em meet again - and Luffy realises 1 of his brothers is still alive.

Next episode looks great - Shanks & WB Pirates...and the funeral no less.

Very nice episode although sometimes those animated crying scenes when they distort the face is so terrible :/ Glad to be going back to present day!

The scene where Luffy obliterated the Lord of the Coast... That was awesome as hell.

The Tetsuo Ishimaru of AP Gizmo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Samwize78 View Post
    It's actually called:
    -505- "I Want to See Them! Luffy's Tearful Scream"
    So Luffy will want to commit suicide because he wants to see his brothers.

I'm assuming the tear scenes were meant to be comical, but if they slowed it down a bit, I felt like it could've been very emotional. I think I'll enjoy watching the whole flashback at once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregory House
    Right and wrong do exist. Just because you don't know what the right answer is maybe there's even no way you could know what the right answer is doesn't make your answer right or even okay. It's much simpler than that. It's just plain wrong.

Do you guys think one piece will end soon? maybe after a few months? Or in February ?

Quote Originally Posted by Caroll View Post
    Do you guys think one piece will end soon? maybe after a few months? Or in February ?
    ...w...what?

They just hit the halfway point.

Quote Originally Posted by tatermoog View Post
    ...w...what?

They just hit the halfway point.
    Thank GOD, so you don't think it will end on February 31st? i heard it from somewhere...

Never mind, February 31st. Got it.

Quote Originally Posted by tatermoog View Post
    Never mind, February 31st. Got it.
    so it's true... ? ._.

Quote Originally Posted by Caroll View Post
    so it's true... ? ._.
    HAHAHA are you serious?
    What doesn't kill me, makes me stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyDLuffyy View Post
    HAHAHA are you serious?
    Aaaaha ! Now i get it.. february only has 28 days...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information