+ Reply to Thread
Page 486 of 486 FirstFirst ... 386 436 476 484 485 486
Results 9,701 to 9,705 of 9705

Thread: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

Default Re: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

The Naruto universe makes no sense to me sometimes.

Got a character questioning the skill of "kid" ninja. Shouldn't everyone at this point know what they're capable of?

Also with the last episode being the animated version of Mitsuki's backstory, this week's filler reverts Boruto back to being a flippant brat. How many slices of humble pie is he going to have to eat before he gets it?

Also this episode feels like a rehash of Naruto bridge arc.

Default Re: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    [...] this week's filler reverts Boruto back to being a flippant brat. How many slices of humble pie is he going to have to eat before he gets it?
    The english language never ceases to amaze me, loving this phrasing :P

But yeah the fact that Boruto never has even a tiny bit of character progress is becoming increasingly unbearable. I don't know how long they plan to make this anime (I'm afraid similiar length to the original Naruto series, maybe even with its own Shippuden version), but I would like it to be more concise. Given the aforementioned similarities to the original Naruto series are becoming more clear with Naruto/Boruto bridge 2.0 arc and seeing how Naruto was a dense prick for hundreds of episodes (well into the dreaded Ninja War arc), I'm afraid Boruto will remain a brat up to/throughout the anime's final arc as well.
    We all float down here!

Quote Originally Posted by Pennywise View Post
    The english language never ceases to amaze me, loving this phrasing :P

But yeah the fact that Boruto never has even a tiny bit of character progress is becoming increasingly unbearable. I don't know how long they plan to make this anime (I'm afraid similiar length to the original Naruto series, maybe even with its own Shippuden version), but I would like it to be more concise. Given the aforementioned similarities to the original Naruto series are becoming more clear with Naruto/Boruto bridge 2.0 arc and seeing how Naruto was a dense prick for hundreds of episodes (well into the dreaded Ninja War arc), I'm afraid Boruto will remain a brat up to/throughout the anime's final arc as well.
    Lol. We do have some odd phrases.

It's majorly annoying. Like how much filler are we supposed to be getting? So far it's 90% filler with the anime. So I guess they don't want Boruto to actually have any growth before they get to the canon plot. But it's still irritating watching him constantly be disrespectful to all his teachers and seniors.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    Lol. We do have some odd phrases.

It's majorly annoying. Like how much filler are we supposed to be getting? So far it's 90% filler with the anime. So I guess they don't want Boruto to actually have any growth before they get to the canon plot. But it's still irritating watching him constantly be disrespectful to all his teachers and seniors.
    The thing is what even is the canon? The only thing we know that's gonna happen is the chunnin exams and then an older Boruto fighting on a ruined leaf village. So we can't really expect any big character growth until the chunin exams. I think anime Boruto has at least matured a little bit over the course of the academy days in the anime and is a much more bearable character than he as in the movie. Boruto in the manga is the biggest shithead brat and that's supposed to be after the events of the chunnin exam so who knows when he'll grow.

Enjoyed this episode for what it was.

Clearly i think this Anime is for new fans of the series or those fans who now have their own children, so yes there are going to be repeating beats, though if you read ahead in the manga, Boruto quickly drops this lone wolf bullshit after the movie/exam arc.

Fans (or viewers) like us who clearly remember a lot of the old series are probably going "this shit again?" but we are NOT the intended demographic for this.

And frankly, the anime doing its own thing is fine by me, the entire premise of Boruto itself is filler. Fuck there isn't even filler anymore, the story is over, this is just spin off material.
    3DS Friendcode: 1177-6707-2664

Quote Originally Posted by KzTxL7 View Post
    I wasn't distracted by Lucy being half naked.

You won this week Fairy Tail.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information