+ Reply to Thread
Page 595 of 602 FirstFirst ... 95 495 545 585 593 594 595 596 597 ... LastLast
Results 11,881 to 11,900 of 12033

Thread: Theories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread v.2

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Default Re: Theories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread v.2

Because it would be weird if the sword that Zoro swore he would use to make his and Kuina's dream come true is objectively inferior to another blade he has that is more of an asset to earning the World's Strongest Swordsman title.

It also makes a final battle against somebody with the highest grade sword more interesting if Zoro has three swords from the second-highest grade.

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

Yea I always assumed that Zoro would just stick with the 2nd-highest grade swords. Also figured that Oda would just make the highest grades all swords that wouldn't mesh with Zoro's style anyhow, like how Mihawk's sword for example is way too big to picture Zoro using.

Once again, the objective grade of the sword does in no way diminish the subjective worth of Ichimonji and its meaning for Zoro.

Zoro will use his 3 sword style in serious fights, meaning a supreme sword would not really be more of an asset.
    And we have already seen that Shusui actually makes Zoro´s attacks more powerful.

And with his ittoryuu attacks post-TS, Zoro has been preferring Shusui to Ichimonji actually.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐🌛⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    Because it would be weird if the sword that Zoro swore he would use to make his and Kuina's dream come true is objectively inferior to another blade he has that is more of an asset to earning the World's Strongest Swordsman title.

It also makes a final battle against somebody with the highest grade sword more interesting if Zoro has three swords from the second-highest grade.
    But is it about the piece of metal or kuina's will that lives on with zoro. Sort of like sabo and ace, is it really the fruit that is important?

Zoro getting a better grade sword wouldn't really matter of it ends up breaking and he delivers the final blow with his sentimental sword. I hope we get to meet a famous blacksmith in Wano.
    Hidden:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post
    Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks. Heroine: Kiku
    Hidden:

Just because something is valuable to a group doesn't mean it's the most valuable thing to everyone. Just because he gets a better grade sword it doesn't mean that kuinas sword is no longer his best sword

I think they're on... What madden 2017...? Madden 05 is still the best one that ever came out
    Last edited by Dat_Mango; January 14th, 2018 at 09:13 PM. Reason: Wrongyear

21st Century Schizoid Man S.C. Amigo's Avatar

The man makes the sword.

.....unless it's a cheap-ass cutlass.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    The moon we saw two days ago wasn't full. Close, but not quite.
    Blame Timeco, i'm just repeating what he said in the thread about Kakarotto xd
    Nothing exists; even if something exists, nothing can be known about it. Even if something can be known about it,
    knowledge about it can't be communicated to others
    . Even if it can be communicated, it cannot be understood.

I just thougtht of a really far fetched theory for the next few chapters.

Sanji & Co give Big Mom her cake and while she's enjoying eating the cake, Luffy shoots Katakuri out of the mirror world and sends him flying into BM's widely open mouth. Since a devil fruit user cannot eat two or more devil fruits (except if you're Blackbeard), Big Mom is gonna basically die (and Katakuri as well). Boom! Luffy defeats a Yonko commander and a Yonko at the same time!

I can't even imagine the reactions of everyone if Oda would actually pull some kind of master troll like this.

Discovered Stowaway No swords style best style's Avatar

I'm sure others have pointed this out already, but thinking back on all the times Katakuri has used his future vision this arc, there hasn't been a time where he really, REALLY needed it for some event to occur. Mostly it's just been used for hype and the predicting what people are going to say quirk, which is really minor. So (and this might be a bit of a stretch) could it be possible that Oda gave that ability to Kata primarily so that Luffy could get it himself, as the most recent chapter confirmed Luffy's going in that direction?

But even then, personally, it doesn't make sense how this is supposed to be better than regular CoO. Predicting what your opponent in going to do next in a fight is the entire point of regular CoO (well, that and magic radar, when Oda feels like it). Katakuri has used it outside of battle with stuff like beaning Jigra and seeing Pudding fall, but since this seems to be a combat power-up for Luffy, I don't think the main purpose of it will be in situations outside of fighting. So, thinking about how seeing the future improve Luffy's fighting in a way regular CoO couldn't, there was one time where regular Observation was ineffective; during the fight with Enel, Luffy was able to render mantra useless by turning off his brain and by launching attacks (the gatling against the ship) that weren't intentionally aimed at Enel, which was way more effective. Assuming Oda stays constant with that, and I'm aware that might not be the case since he hasn't exactly been 100% consistent with CoO use, predicting the future could work where CoO doesn't in cases where attacks aren't intended to strike the user.

Still, cases that like would be incredibly situational, not something Luffy would need to regularly deal with. But, and this is a nearly baseless guess, what if part of Kadio's fighting style in his regular/untransformed zoan form involves getting drunk and rampaging around wildly, not intending to hit any single person with any particular blow, making his attacks impossible to predict with regular CoO and thus harder to dodge? Luffy, with his newly acquired monado visions future sight, would have an advantage compared to the other SHs/Supernovas in dealing with raging drunk Kaido, letting him take center stage in the battle alongside the likes of Marco, who would also be better at dodging because...he's just really fast. Something like that.

Or I'm completely overthinking this and Oda just gave future vision power to Katakuri and Luffy because he think's it's cool.

The thing about Katakuri's skills of CoO is that Bigmom herself doesn't seem to be that skilled.

Quote Originally Posted by No swords style best style View Post
    there was one time where regular Observation was ineffective; during the fight with Enel, Luffy was able to render mantra useless by turning off his brain and by launching attacks (the gatling against the ship) that weren't intentionally aimed at Enel, which was way more effective.

Or I'm completely overthinking this and Oda just gave future vision power to Katakuri and Luffy because he think's it's cool.
    Nah, you're not overthinking, Oda loves to ridiculize most of his villains in Luffy's hands, this is just another trait for him to do it.

I can already imagine how preposterous it would be for a villain being played as pinball in a room made of rubber ala Bellamy, but without knowing where he will stop... that by itself is the upgrade and opposite of the Gomu Gomu no Baka.

Also it can ride us to something more serious... If Geppou gave us Gear Second and Buso Kouka Gear Fourth... maybe future sight will give us Gear Fifth.
    Nothing exists; even if something exists, nothing can be known about it. Even if something can be known about it,
    knowledge about it can't be communicated to others
    . Even if it can be communicated, it cannot be understood.

Hi guys,
    I don't know if it's the right place for this, since it's not that much of a "theory".

It's a general thought about the length of the current and future arcs.
    We were told that Akainu vs Aokiji lasted for a week.
    Most of the Luffy vs Craker fight was offscreened but lasted several hours.
    Now we have another reminder in the last chapter that Luffy vs Katakuri is extending over and over.

There seems to be a pattern implying that the stronger the fighters are, the longer the fight will last.
    Therefore since the villains ( and the SHP) are expected to be stronger in the future, one can reasonably expect Luffy's fights to be even longer in the future.
    This can be handled in 2 ways : either the fight is offscreened, either Oda has to "occupy" the crew while their captain is fighting, what is happening at this very moment.

Since it's hard to imagine that Luffy vs Kaido or Luffy vs BB will be offscreened, I definitly think that the "villains" arcs will be every time longer than the previous one.

Any thought about this?

Quote Originally Posted by Phage View Post
    Hi guys,
    I don't know if it's the right place for this, since it's not that much of a "theory".

Now we have another reminder in the last chapter that Luffy vs Katakuri is extending over and over.

There seems to be a pattern implying that the stronger the fighters are, the longer the fight will last.
    Therefore since the villains ( and the SHP) are expected to be stronger in the future, one can reasonably expect Luffy's fights to be even longer in the future.
    This can be handled in 2 ways : either the fight is offscreened, either Oda has to "occupy" the crew while their captain is fighting, what is happening at this very moment.

Since it's hard to imagine that Luffy vs Kaido or Luffy vs BB will be offscreened, I definitly think that the "villains" arcs will be every time longer than the previous one.

Any thought about this?
    My thoughts on the matter, it sounds reasonable to me that the arcs get longer and longer. Im all for it extend the shit out of it! I don't see why so many people are in such a rush to get to the end

Quote Originally Posted by Phage View Post
    Hi guys,

Any thought about this?
    It depends on the circumstances of the fight and on how Oda wants to execute it story-wise. I don't see Oda dragging battles that won't bring any progress to the story similar to DBZ or Hajime no Ippo style. Even the Whitebeard War didn't last for a whole day.

This may just be a design coincidence but I think theres a good chance there are CP0 agents in every major Pirate Crew. We already know that Stussy is an agent serving in the Underworld.

The most prominent feature of Stussy is that wonderful rose that she has on her hat. Going off the idea that there are CP0 agents throughout the pirate world, hiding in plain sight, I think theres a good chance there is a CP0 agent in the BMP as well. The one who is most suspicious in that crew is Smoothie. She has done nothing and seems to be going out of her way to do nothing, even in a time of crisis. Something is up with her and guess what?

She's got a rose tattoo! I dont think this is a coincidence at all! Smoothie may very well be a part of Cp0.

Theres another suspicious character as well. An agent that might be hiding in plain sight. I believe the last CP0 agent in WCI to be Carrot! Her entire entrance into the SH crew is suspicious. She was also absent during the Zou flashback when everyone else was getting tortured. And she was wearing a very similar hat to Stussy! Rose included.

I think the rose is a CP0 symbol and that although theres little evidence, I think it would be a pretty cool twist.

Quote Originally Posted by Carboar D Addy View Post
    This may just be a design coincidence but I think theres a good chance there are CP0 agents in every major Pirate Crew. We already know that Stussy is an agent serving in the Underworld.

https://i.imgur.com/wGAwVrT.jpg

The most prominent feature of Stussy is that wonderful rose that she has on her hat. Going off the idea that there are CP0 agents throughout the pirate world, hiding in plain sight, I think theres a good chance there is a CP0 agent in the BMP as well. The one who is most suspicious in that crew is Smoothie. She has done nothing and seems to be going out of her way to do nothing, even in a time of crisis. Something is up with her and guess what?
    https://i.imgur.com/JVppyO1.png

She's got a rose tattoo! I dont think this is a coincidence at all! Smoothie may very well be a part of Cp0.

Theres another suspicious character as well. An agent that might be hiding in plain sight. I believe the last CP0 agent in WCI to be Carrot! Her entire entrance into the SH crew is suspicious. She was also absent during the Zou flashback when everyone else was getting tortured. And she was wearing a very similar hat to Stussy! Rose included.
    https://i.imgur.com/bHevXiJ.png

I think the rose is a CP0 symbol and that although theres little evidence, I think it would be a pretty cool twist.
    many behaviors of carrot would not make sense if she happens to be a traitor..especially one where she saved nami's life..but the fact that she decided to go on this mission alone should be enough for disqualify her..yes until now she is still alive but it's not like it's a mission without risks..definitely not worth taking for someone she isn't loyal toand for apparently no reason (especially if you consider stussy being there already,so infiltrating totland is not an issue)

also, it's very hard for big mom's own sons to be part of the wg bacause from what we know they have been all their life on mama's side,so they didn't have any occasion to not only leave the kingdom, but also become entangled with the tenryuubito/WG

Carrot is currently in an extremely dangerous situation. She needs the support of the crew and she needs to help the crew as well because they are the best ticket for her to be safe. And her going on the mission alone should not disqualify her because undercover agents usually act alone. The stussy point is moot because its not about invading totland but rather gathering intel on the strawhat crew. Their likes and dislikes, strengths and weaknesses. I think each major pirate crew has a CP0 infiltrator and after the defeat of Doflamingo, the SH's have become a major crew that CP0 would have its eyes on. As for Smoothie not having contact with Cp0, I dont really think her being part of BM's family would neccessarily be a problem. There are many ways she could have had contact with CP0 and BM's family members have a good track record of betraying her(Pudding, Lola, Chiffon, Praline)

Carrot has never left Zou before though. Even Wanda confirmed that so there never wass a chance for her to be in contact with an organisation as big as CP-0.

Pudding, lola, Chiffon and Praline only betrayed BM from within for their own benefit. Praline and Chiffon only left because of their love for their husbands. Smoothies is a sweet commander that BM had not married off so it is highly unlikely that Smoothie was ever in contact with CP-0 and had even become part of them.

Stussy hasn't infiltrated the BM pirates as much as she has infiltrated the underworld. It's not like the CP-0 has an agent *stationed* at every major pirate group.

Quote Originally Posted by Maju View Post
    also, it's very hard for big mom's own sons to be part of the wg bacause from what we know they have been all their life on mama's side,so they didn't have any occasion to not only leave the kingdom, but also become entangled with the tenryuubito/WG
    Amande was on a mission outside, and she's a minister, so there would be some opportunities for children. So far every Charlotte girl who met with someone that has shown them actual love and care (Praline, Chiffon, Pudding) did flip sides, so it seems it can't be that hard to get them on your side. It doesn't have to be the case, but WG having their people among Charlottes is far from impossible.
    All hail Machvise-sama, Arlong Park Character Tournament 2016 Champion!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information