+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 74 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Young Justice RETURSN OMG

Default Young Justice RETURSN OMG

>>WB has 3 NEW series on their slate, Mystery INC- the new Scooby show, Young Justice, and Bruce Timms CG Green Lantern for 4Q 2011. ALL for Cartoon Network, who originally passed on the new Thundercats. Both Mattel and Hasbro got the series pitch and passed on the toys for couple different reasons. "Lack of cool tech" the big one. But Ban Dai did a hard core play for the rights. They weren't interested in a "Classic" adult line, and thought that the new take on the series was something very different for the toy aisles. Which is what Mattel and Hasbro were afraid of.

>>It's Sorta THE Young Justice. They will be going out with this BIG TIME at Comic Con. From what I saw, it's Martian Girl, Aqualad, Nightwing, Impulse, Arrowette, and Connor Kent. The poster gives me the tone that it's a cross between JLU and TT. I liked the look a lot. It's not quite Timm-style, but it's not All Murikami'd out like Teen Titans.

>>The kids were the focus of the poster, in the center, but The JL was behind them.
    Source-
    http://forums.comicbookresources.com...php?p=10425452

Hope the Young Justice/Titans series is true at least, if Conner's done right this show will rock.

Great sage,equal of heaven Darkstorm's Avatar

Default Re: RUMOR: New DC animated series- Green Lantern by Bruce Timm and Young Justice (TT

They're actually making Peter David's series animated? Quite surprising, given how quickly the series was dropped by DC(and as with most David stuff, t'was a great series). Should really have Drake instead of Grayson though(as well as secret)...

Default Re: RUMOR: New DC animated series- Green Lantern by Bruce Timm and Young Justice (TT

I've seen nothing but love for Young Justice from the public.

Wasn't DiDio's irrational hatred for it the only reason that it was cancelled?
    この世に悪があるとすればそれは人の心だ。

Wasn't it canceled/ended before Didio joined DC?

A CG Green Lantern series? I'd have to see the art, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Zenigame View Post
    I've seen nothing but love for Young Justice from the public.

Wasn't DiDio's irrational hatred for it the only reason that it was cancelled?
    Pretty much that & wanting to make a new teen titans comic. Also the people who asked him to write it in the first place did nothing to stop DiDio.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter David
    A message buried deep in the Bush thread asked me to comment on Dan Didio's various assertions about "Young Justice" in a Heroes Con interview quoted on Newsarama. First he complained about the quality of the book's sales, stating that a book which features such iconic characters should have far higher numbers. And second he asserted that "Slobo" ruined the character of Lobo.

The aspect that Dan perpetually leaves out of his two-part evisceration of "Young Justice" is that YJ was specifically designed to appeal to a younger readership. That was the mandate from editorial. That's what I was asked to write. YJ was intended to skew young--in its stories, in its subject matter, in its readership--with the notion that it would draw in younger readers who would eventually "graduate" to the older-skewing titles. I was told at the outset that DC neither expected nor needed the book to sell huge numbers; it was aiming at the long-term goal of bringing in new, younger readers. So his complaining about the quality of the sales is irrelevant...not to mention that YJ outsold "Impulse" and "Superboy," both of which were also cancelled, and even he admits the book was turning a profit. So pointing to these iconic characters--characters so "iconic" that DC did away with them--and complaining that sales didn't reflect their presence is really beside the point.

As for Slobo, I wanted to introduce a Wolverine-esque character to stir things up. Since the book featured junior versions of Superman, Batman, and the Flash, a junior version of Lobo seemed perfectly appropriate. A character who was, in his execution and handling, far more serious than Dan remotely gives him credit for (because, y'know, having Slobo go slowly blind was such a knee-slapper of a storyline). And, frankly, I think that a company that raped and murdered Sue Dibny, murdered Blue Beetle, tortured and crippled Batgirl, and had both Superman and Wonder Woman at various times cold-bloodedly murder opponents, doesn't get to say that *I* ruined one of their characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter David
    Except all the people whose idea it was were still there. You've created a faulty analogy: This wasn't a movie company where the previous company head and all his executives were gone, and in such instances the new regime typically tosses aside everything the previous regime had in development. In those instances, it's because it's perceived as a lose/lose situation: If projects succeed, the previous regime gets the credit; if they fail, the new regime gets the blame.

Here, it was simply the addition of a new voice. So he was "expected" to do nothing. And what is deceptive is that he didn't say, "Peter was writing exactly what he'd been told to write, but I decided to go in a different direction." Instead he simply said, "The book wasn't selling as well as it should have been." They canceled it for one reason and one reason only: To relaunch "Teen Titans" so that they could tie in with the new animated series. A series which was, ironically, in tone and style, influenced by "Young Justice."

Young Justice was great. Nightwing instead of Robin though? Its an interesting choice, but I can understand it to help avoid confusion with Teen Titans. Secret and Wonder Girl should also be in there. Don't care about Empress being missing, even the comic never knew what they were doing with her....

Really, long as Impulse is there, I'm down with it.

And the comic mostly did get killed in order to be revamped into the Teen Titans... which kind of sucked because the Titans book was always sort of divided between the old cast (Cyborg, Starfire and Beast Boy) and the YJ group, and it never quite jelled. And they also turned Impulse into Kid Flash, which ruined him.

Oh. and a Bruce Timm series. That's... kind of hard to get excited about anymore. His work is always quality and always top notch, and has consistently been so for 20 years. Its an odd contradiction, but its kind of like Pixar movies. "Oh, another quality product is coming out from that team? Cool." It'll be good, his name is pretty much a stamp of quality. There's no need to doubt or speculate or wonder... it'll be solid.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Looking forward to YJ and Timm's GL. Even though it's his art style, I'm hoping he'll has some of his former DCAU co-workers with him for it.

Not sure how legit these even are, but I might be interested in Green Lantern.

I've never liked Young Justice and I highly doubt I'd watch a cartoon of it. We already had a YJ cartoon and it was called Teen Titans. Also, that team? Nightwing? Doesn't he sound a LITTLE too OLD to be in YOUNG Justice?

I'd rather have a Green Lantern Cartoon and a Wonder Woman one following the DCA Movie.

They put em in Smash Bros! Conekiller's Avatar

If the Green lantern cartoon is anything like the last 4 years of the comic...*droool*
    [
    Please visit my Deviant art gallery.
    There will be Punch and Pie!

Likes the way you smile =D Retro's Avatar

Default Young Justice green lit.

Get nuts or go crazy trying.

Default Re: Young Justice green lit.

Kid Flash instead of Impulse makes me want to punch something.
    この世に悪があるとすればそれは人の心だ。

My brother is so happy about this. But yeah, we wanted to see Impulse too.

エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar

Not sure if want.
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    Making Anime and Manga OBSOLETE since 2006
    PM me for details

Know not wat is.

"Well, Justice League was popular, and Teen Titans was popular, but rather than bring either of those shows back, we'll just sort of use an unholy fusion of the two."

the lack of Secret, Empress bothers me a little. Superboy seems to be the leader, and Impulse is Kid Flash... and Martian Girl... just blech. And Aqualad? WHY? WHY INCLUDE FISH GUYS? They ALWAYS suck!

They're just doing the Justice League Jr. cast, rather than the Teen Titans, or the actual Young Justice group.

I dunno. I was a fan of the comics.
    Last edited by Robby; April 22nd, 2010 at 09:42 AM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Yes, let's take out Secret, the whole reason for Young Justice coming together in the first place.

I hope whoever's writing it at least gets why it was popular and follows Peter David's style.

Kid Flash over Impluse is probably marketing rubbish.

I still don't get why the fuck they're clinging to Bart being Kid Flash.

Nearly EVERYBODY prefers him as Impulse. The fans, the writers, the artists... ugh.
    Last edited by Dark Lord Zenigame; April 22nd, 2010 at 12:29 AM. Reason: ...the major exception being DiDio... and he's the dumbass in charge. Wahoo.
    この世に悪があるとすればそれは人の心だ。

Well, the art design looks pretty cool anyway. I agree that Martian Girl is kinda "WTF." But wait a minute, Aqualad is the black guy in the front? Not that I have anything against black people, but...I guess he won't be voiced by Wil Wheaton this time.

Just watch.

He'll be the son of Black Manta.
    Last edited by Dark Lord Zenigame; April 22nd, 2010 at 12:33 AM. Reason: because black people in the DCU can actually swim.
    この世に悪があるとすればそれは人の心だ。

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information