+ Reply to Thread
Page 358 of 361 FirstFirst ... 258 308 348 356 357 358 359 360 ... LastLast
Results 7,141 to 7,160 of 7210

Thread: Disney animation thread

Default Re: Disney animation thread

Pay close attention to the mouths in that.
    Complicating things since 2009.

ARE the mouths moving in that?

Well sung, though.

Currently at 57% on RT.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post

Pay close attention to the mouths in that.
    watching this with no sound is...an experience. I'm just wondering what Simbas mood is. Is he happy? Hungry? Annoyed? Randomly vocalizing as he sort of ambles along? Also, way to suck the life out of the original, jeez

Yeah, there's a reason all the trailers have gone out of their way to avoid showing them talking. Because it looks bad/is nonexistent.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Currently at 57% on RT.
    So it's only going to make a billion dollars instead of 1.5 billion then?
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Beyonce apparently has an original song. I lost it in Facebook. But...ehhh. I knew that would happen.

And this looks very soulless.

Apparently "Can you see the love tonight" is sung in the daytime.

Quote Originally Posted by Daz View Post
    Apparently "Can you see the love tonight" is sung in the daytime.
    Clearly then, the answer is "no".

Old video, but relevant.

To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

I mean, it's kinda impressive how realistic those things look like...

So the general reviewer decision seems to be: "Meh". Which is pretty much what we expected.

Lion King’s soundtrack is out:

Spoiler:

Beyoncé's number:
    Spoiler:

A new song from Lebo M. and Elton John:
    Spoiler:

And a couple more updated Lebo M. songs:
    Spoiler:

Hans Zimmer's score is all up there, too; a few changes in tempo and key here and there, but largely the same leitmotifs. I like this piece the best:
    Spoiler:
    Last edited by Shift; July 13th, 2019 at 08:28 PM.

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

How is it, that even though they're even using some of the same exact sound clips from the original, every single song is somehow worse?

Like, the instrumentals and all the singers are very good, better than the original. The production quality is absolutely nailing it. It's not a Beauty and the Beast situation where the lead can't actually sing at all. On the technical side, its all quality. But... the songs are... off.

This isn't just a nostalgia bias thing, I picked up plenty of cds with plenty of covers of the songs over the decades and liked most of them. But these are just... ehh.

Be Prepared especially is a complete travesty. I think they must have added it in last minute when everyone complained they were removing it entirely. Its AWFUL.

Spoiler:
    -Circle of Life just straight up reuses the original african singer, but then has a new harder to understand accented main singer.

-Can't Wait to Be King is pretty much the same though the instrumentals get a lot crazier... though as I understand it the actual film doesn't do *anything* with the visuals so... that's gonna be... dumb? . Zazu as played by Jon Oliver is okay.

-Be Prepared is just a spoken word version until the last ten seconds? Not a song at all?

-Hakuna Matata still hasn't put Timone's verse back in that was cut 25 years ago for whatever reason, and it plays even harder on the fart joke than before. Timone doesn't stop Pumbaa from saying "farted"now, he just says the word, but was for some reason expecting Timone to stop him? That... only works if you've seen the original?

-CYFTLT- Turns it more to a duet instead of omniscent chorus and is just... weird. Like, its fine I guess. But different. This one might just be nostalgia bias getting in the way.

-What the hell is the Elton John song? I'm a HUGE Elton fan but... what the hell was that? It's upbeat and its got african singing in the background and he seems up for it and its not bad but... dId he even make this song for this movie? It doesn't fit at all with... anything. It does not feel like a timeless Disney Lion Kingey song. The backup singers make it feel Lion Kingish but... whut?

-Beyonce's song has freaking autotune for the background singers. Really really obvious autotune. Whut. Also if these are all the songs in it, its really out of place. It's fine on its own merits, and her actual singing is super solid, incredibly good singing voice, but its just... wrong and not in the style of the other songs AT ALL. Be okay if they had a ton of new songs or made it Broadway quantity, but instead it's just... what? They couldn't have just given her Shadowland and called it a day?

-None of the Broadway songs made it in. We're spared Morning Report at least I guess. A couple of the Rythmn of the Pridelands songs made it onto the end of the soundtrack, not sure if those are actually in the movie though given their placement. Those are fine.

-All the Hans Zimmer instumentals are basically the same but dialed up to 11. That's pretty great actually.

-I'm not seeing Busa anywhere but maybe its buried in an instrumental. In the original soundtrack it was just a 20 second clip buried in something else, then expanded on later albums, so maybe the same here.
    Last edited by Robby; July 14th, 2019 at 01:25 PM.

I heard Be Prepared and yikes. They would have been better off not doing it almost.

How strange, hearing John Oliver sing.

This movie is high quality discovery channel ...

Hans Zimmer's was always my favorite composer, and Lion King is one of his best. Still a pleasure to listen to. But yeah, the songs themselves don't quite sound right. Might be bias ofc. Beyonde in CYFTLT sounds off. Dunno why. Like not the same recording studio as Glover's.

Did they re-record the instruments? The signing sounds so much clearer than the instrumental music that it doesn't quite sound right.

But ... if the new generation for whom the origin Lion King is too old-looking now like it then, it's all the same.

Truly has many a mighty king been laid low by a mild face slap.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Lord, it's even worse when you watch one version right after another.

https://twitter.com/twilightsthorn/s...47768341458945

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    Truly has many a mighty king been laid low by a mild face slap.

Lord, it's even worse when you watch one version right after another.

https://twitter.com/twilightsthorn/s...47768341458945
    I can't wait for the "boink" sound effects and Goofy screams that will inevitably follow.

Watching that scene again, I can't decide if the complete lack of a Mufasa reaction to Scar's betrayal in the remake feels more like a poor directing choice or the result of the animators being unable to display that range of emotions.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    I can't wait for the "boink" sound effects and Goofy screams that will inevitably follow.
    That would give it more dignity than it deserves.

Pause it seven seconds in and you'll see what I mean.

I know I'm a bit late.... okay waaaaaay late, but I was watching the frozen 2 trailer and I saw Anna grabbing a sword and using it at the end, and I think it would be really cool if they made her a swordsman... swordswoman?

I always like in series where the main character has some sort of superpower but one of there allies with no super power is a total bad ass in there own right, like Riza from Full metal alchemist, or Sokka learning swordsmanship in Avatar the last airbender

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information