+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 98 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Non-Disney animation thread

Default Re: The non-Disney animated movies thread

Quote Originally Posted by iSheep View Post
    Wait, wasn't Fern Gully god-awful?
    nope,IMO.
    that movie had one of the coolest villians in any non disney film.

ferngully 2 however...never seen it
    <Avi Drawing Credit to PirateNeko
    My DeviantArt:http://mediafan658.deviantart.com/
    My FC is 3308-4620-6155

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

One of my old favourites..
    [YOUTUBE]zaEVwPNFK1E[/YOUTUBE]

Lady Gaga? Take notes. Rebecky_Mo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshy View Post
    You win. Never saw the movie or anything, but it was an awesome book even if I don't remember much about it. I just remember being like, this book is just too awesome.
    Now see, I never read the book growing up (not something I'd heard of here in Canada). I'm kinda tempted to go find it now though...

But there was an animated TV series a few years back that I enjoyed, which led me to the movie, which was like WHOAH.

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lw2_HZTuQBE&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en& feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lw2_HZTuQBE&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en& feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
    Has anyone seen this yet? It's not out in the US, but I found a copy online and it really reminds me visually of The Thief and the Cobbler.
    Last edited by bevin; August 25th, 2009 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Better trailer
    If you spoiler me, I will eat you with tater tots.

Quote Originally Posted by KaizokuFan22 View Post

ferngully 2 however...never seen it
    Its pretty bad if I remember correctly,but thats just in my opinion.
    Life is a gamble at terrible odds if it were a bet you wouldn't take it,but remember you can always end it with a loaded pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecky_Mo View Post
    Now see, I never read the book growing up (not something I'd heard of here in Canada). I'm kinda tempted to go find it now though...

But there was an animated TV series a few years back that I enjoyed, which led me to the movie, which was like WHOAH.
    I saw the animated movie when I was a kid and it always creeped me out a bit...in a good way, hehe. I read the book later on and loved it, the characters are fleshed out much more. Wait, there was a tv series? I don't remember hearing about it.

Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible. - Frank Zappa

Lady Gaga? Take notes. Rebecky_Mo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicDebris View Post
    I saw the animated movie when I was a kid and it always creeped me out a bit...in a good way, hehe. I read the book later on and loved it, the characters are fleshed out much more. Wait, there was a tv series? I don't remember hearing about it.
    I always like it when an animated movie isn't a 'cartoon' movie. Stuff like Watership Down, Heavy Metal, Galaxy 999 is what kept me a fan of animation, I think.

Yeah, America didn't get the TV Show, it was made for Canada and the UK. There were changes made from the book (for example, Blackberry was made into a female), and the style is completely different from the movie, but not being an uber-fan, none of the changes really bugged me.

If anyone's interested, the 3 seasons are on Youtube; I'd suggest giving it a shot.:

[YOUTUBE]1Lo4j37pRl4[/YOUTUBE]

The Tetsuo Ishimaru of AP Gizmo's Avatar

Reviving this thread to post my childhood memory. This was a great movie.

[youtube]69637mM5-vM[/youtube]
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregory House
    Right and wrong do exist. Just because you don't know what the right answer is maybe there's even no way you could know what the right answer is doesn't make your answer right or even okay. It's much simpler than that. It's just plain wrong.

One of my favorites as well, I actually mentioned it earlier in this thread. I watched it a few months ago and it was still as good as I remembered.

Reverse the polarity! Senshi Mizaka's Avatar

[YOUTUBE]QozwP4VmKcs[/YOUTUBE]

I know this isn't really a feature length movie, but it's an obscure film from the early 80's: Banjo the Woodpile Cat. It was a Christmas special done by Don Bluth, and it's one of his first independent projects after leaving Disney.
    Rappin' Chopper:

"Yo; I was a reindeer livin' out in 'da snow! But then this old geeza' doctor brought me into his home! After healin' my wounds, I felt real phat. Then, old docta' Hiruk gave me this blingin' hat! My family beat me, shunt me, but it's all tight. Because I'm doin' my doctor remedies all night. I look like freak with my Human Human fruit. But now I'm with some gangsta' pirates who like to steal loot! All the girls like my blue nose. Yeah; it's the way that I get the *Record scratching*. Usopp's the guy with all 'da glory. He's my main man with all his tight stories. Zolo's Santoryu skills are on ice. You betta' watch out, or you gonna get sliced! Sanji's the cook servin' up the main dish. Don't mess with him, unless that's your wish. Luffy's 'da captain with the straw hat! His Gum Gum skills are real real tight. Vivi's the princess of Alabasta. Now we gotta head there, and we betta' do it faster!"

Please tell me someone has mentioned Anastasia.
    That movie is my childhood, and my all time fave. movie, no question.

The number of times it's called Disney too...
    There is no greater love than the love of
    bacon.
    TUMBLR
    Ask

Wow no mention of Fire and Ice.

[youtube]Sz-yLWGaIxM[/youtube]

One of Bakshi's lesser works, I'd say, though it's been a while since I watched it.

[youtube]NjxEtkDwKp8[/youtube]

Oh, Hungary, you and your animation.
    Complicating things since 2009.

[youtube]bavW72tWnKY[/youtube] .

Treasure Cruise ID: 785,854,335
    LS Zoro looking 4 Vivis

Well, we all love animated movies about real-life events turned into fantasy adventures with talking animals, right?

My niece loved this movie when she was little, it has Dom DeLuise as Christopher Columbus and Corey Feldman as a talking bookworm.

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...y=magic+voyage

Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible. - Frank Zappa

i haven't seen that since i was 8 or so

LS Zoro looking 4 Vivis

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicDebris View Post
    Well, we all love animated movies about real-life events turned into fantasy adventures with talking animals, right?

My niece loved this movie when she was little, it has Dom DeLuise as Christopher Columbus and Corey Feldman as a talking bookworm.

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...y=magic+voyage

i remembered that one when i was a kid.

Did anyone else ever see this?

I haven't seen this since I was really little. I don't even remember if it was any good or not (probably not, since no one seems to remember or care about it). What I remember most about it is that one the main characters has the same name as me (and that's saying something since I don't have a very common name).

I don't have a picture, but I think Gay Paris deserves a mention. Judy Garland was really a nice singer, and I liked the henchmen of that one cat.
    Obviously I haven't seen it in a while, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    Did anyone else ever see this?

http://www.hotmoviesale.com/dvds/784...n-A-Forest.jpg

I haven't seen this since I was really little. I don't even remember if it was any good or not (probably not, since no one seems to remember or care about it). What I remember most about it is that one the main characters has the same name as me (and that's saying something since I don't have a very common name).
    yeah, i bought it on vhs about a year ago, but i ended up just watching it on youtube

LS Zoro looking 4 Vivis

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information