View Poll Results: Are you satisfied with the latest OP eps (animation & art wise)

Voters
876. You may not vote on this poll
  • I don't see any problem with them, so, yes I am

320 36.53%
  • hmmm..maybe

232 26.48%
  • No!

324 36.99%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 285 of 297 FirstFirst ... 185 235 275 283 284 285 286 287 295 ... LastLast
Results 5,681 to 5,700 of 5930

Thread: A Study of One Piece Animation

Default Re: A Study of One Piece Animation

10/12 817 「シケモク サンジの結婚前夜」
    Sodden Cigarette End - The Night Before Sanji's Marriage

One Piece Concept - French Fansubbing
    http://onepiececoncept.free.fr - #OP-Concept@irc.fansub-irc.eu

One Piece Episode 817 PV (Moist Cigarette - The Night Before Sanji's Wedding): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wRe...IGd9vrWQRovT3L

Don't know if this is the correct thread, but since it still regards animation why not

So i was scrolling facebook just now and i noticed a recommended link by the italian amazon page, this thing:

https://www.amazon.it/One-Piece-Film...=UTF8&qid=&sr=

Never heard of it before, apparenlty it has every One Piece movie and some tv specials, in blue-ray or dvd, it comes out december 15 ( other pages says december 12 tough )

If it has only the italian dub or dual audio japanese / italian that i do not know, but should be like that ( i hope )

This has surprised me because in Italy the One Piece anime is on hiatus since 2014 ( last aired episode was 563, during Fishman Island arc )

Is this coming out in other countries too?

Upcoming Episodes Staff

Episode - 817:
    Moist Cigarette - The Night Before Sanji's Wedding
    • Storyboard: Kimitoshi Chioka (First Series Director for Dragon Ball Super)
    • ED: Hirayama Miho
    • AD: Midori Matsuda (***)
    Episode - 818:
    • Storyboard: Tetsuya Endo
    • ED: Tetsuya Endo (***)
    • AD: Kenji Yokoyama (***) & Yasuko Fukumoto (new)

Episode - 819:
    • Storyboard: Yoshihiro Ueda
    • ED: Yoshihiro Ueda (**)
    • AD: Shigefumi Shingaki (**)

Episode - 820:
    • Storyboard: Yasunori Koyama
    • ED: Yasunori Koyama (***)
    • AD: Fujisaki Shingo (Studio Guts)
    ________

Thanks to YonkouProd & Osama___a on twitter

Chioka's back to One Piece, eh? Dang, I wish he would storyboard for Dragon Ball Super...
    Avatar: Igarashi Kyou (married name: Hasumi Kyou) from the web comic 性転換後、親友と (Seitenka-go. Shin'yuu to) by Eroe (Pixiv; Twitter) | Gender bender is love! Gender bender is life!

10/12 817 「シケモク サンジの結婚前夜」
    Sodden Cigarette End - The Night Before Sanji's Marriage

17/12 818 「不屈の魂 ブルックVSビッグ・マム」
    The Indomitable Soul - Brook VS Big Mom

24/12 819 「母(ソラ)の願い ジェルマの失敗作サンジ」
    Sora's Wish - Sanji, the Germa Failure

31/12 Anime in Break - New Year's Eve

07/01 820 「サンジの元へ ルフィ逆襲の大激走!」
    To the Former Sanji - Luffy's Great Rampaging Counterattack !
    Last edited by Chibi JFZ; December 23rd, 2017 at 08:13 PM.

Carcharodon Piledriver Crossword's Avatar

It's been quite a while since we got so many new or unexpectedly returning names. I really hope Takara hasn't stepped down from the animation director position though. At least he's still working as a key animator.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Quote Originally Posted by Crossword View Post
    It's been quite a while since we got so many new or unexpectedly returning names. I really hope Takara hasn't stepped down from the animation director position though. At least he's still working as a key animator.
    Well, it looks like he's exclusively doing key animation now, but I'm not really sad about that. I'm excited to see where his work can go in the future.

The next batch of staff's been out for about a week now:

821: Yusuke Suzuki/Shuuichi Ito (w. Endo's storyboards)
    822: Kentaro Fujita/Masahiro Kitazaki
    823: Hiroyuki Sato/Masayuki Takagi

Sato used to be a semi-regular member of the director rotation, joining at the end of Enies Lobby and the last episode he did was the start of the Fishman Island flashback (also Isochi's debut episode). His episodes seem to be alright from what little I can remember of them, though the content of his episode from this batch doesn't seem to be all that important in the scheme of things.

The animation director for this week's episode, Shingo Fujisaki, originally handled the second half of 806 and a couple other Nakatani episodes, so that's looking promising. Studio Guts does good work.
    Last edited by Crossword; January 4th, 2018 at 08:23 PM.

14/01 821 「城内(シャトー)動乱 ルフィ約束の場所へ」
    Trouble in the Castle - To the Luffy's Promised Place

21/01 822 「別れの決意 サンジと麦わら弁当」
    Farewell Decision - Sanji and the Mugiwara Bento

28/01 823 「四皇の寝返り ブルック救出大作戦!」
    The Yonkou Turns Over - Brook's Great Rescue Plan !

---
    kanji was out since a week, i just didn't find the time to translate them before.
    Last edited by Chibi JFZ; January 27th, 2018 at 06:31 PM.

One Piece #824 Staff:

Animation Director: Hisada & Deguchi
    Storyboard and Episode Director: Komaki

I love that they're pairing weak and or new ADs with experienced and great ADs so the episodes can look great along with Ichikawa's corrections

Shida said on Twitter that he'd love to do another bit of key animation but the schedule doesn't suit and he now realises it, probably meaning that the episodes are being produced at a faster rate than how he produces animation. He'll probably be back soon obviously because he was in the latest OP and everyone on that OP still does KA for the show, they'll just give the episode that he's on the production time needed so it's nothing to worry about

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatCaptainUsopp View Post
    Shida said on Twitter that he'd love to do another bit of key animation but the schedule doesn't suit and he now realises it, probably meaning that the episodes are being produced at a faster rate than how he produces animation. He'll probably be back soon obviously because he was in the latest OP and everyone on that OP still does KA for the show, they'll just give the episode that he's on the production time needed so it's nothing to worry about
    He's probably talking about HIS OWN schedule, which means he's busy with other stuff, 99% it being DBS arc finale and Kirakira Precure finale (or maybe the upcoming Hugtto or Kitaro). I find no problem here since there's no significant fights going to happen till maybe April, and the fact that there are plenty of talented people working on One Piece and Toei shows in general.

I believe he is indeed referring to his own schedule. He basically has other commitments and cannot simply say "I'll help you after I'm finished" because nobody knows where the One Piece production will be when he's next available in March or April.

EDIT: Oh, that's right. Shida confirmed that he spent about two months working on One Piece Film Gold. He pulled off that 3:30 fight scene in two months. Wow.
    Last edited by Yuugi's Black Magician; January 12th, 2018 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Added more.
    Avatar: Igarashi Kyou (married name: Hasumi Kyou) from the web comic 性転換後、親友と (Seitenka-go. Shin'yuu to) by Eroe (Pixiv; Twitter) | Gender bender is love! Gender bender is life!

Quote Originally Posted by Yuugi's Black Magician View Post
    I believe he is indeed referring to his own schedule. He basically has other commitments and cannot simply say "I'll help you after I'm finished" because nobody knows where the One Piece production will be when he's next available in March or April.

EDIT: Oh, that's right. Shida confirmed that he spent about two months working on One Piece Film Gold. He pulled off that 3:30 fight scene in two months. Wow.
    True, that does make a lot more sense. I'm thinking that he'll probably appear in one of these three possible points during the Tea Party

1. The Luffy's jumping out of the cake
    2. Germa 66 transformation scene
    3. Fourth Gear and Big Mom clashing

And the amount of time that it took to make his Film Gold cut is insane, love Shida so much

I kinda want to see Shida doing some character animation instead of usual action heavy seizure mouth action sequences. His Smoker/Doffy cut and Law/Doffy cut were really cool.

So we talk a lot about animation, but I rarely hear anyone talk about the art, more specifically the background art. With that said, what are some of your favourite episodes in terms of art? Which episodes looked the most stunning? What are some of the art directors to look out for? (I assume they rotate just like the rest of the staff?)

The opening episode of Zo (by which I mean the one where they actually reached the top of the elephant and ended with the Straw Hats encountering Wanda and Carrot) is one that immediately comes to mind. Nothing mind blowing animation-wise, but the art was Yokoyama at his best, and it was the lighting that was the true star. The sunrise lighting was incredibly atmospheric and sold the mystical nature of the place.

Another more off the beaten path choice of mine would be the campfire scenes with the old man in those filler episodes during the Luffy/Ace/Sabo flashback for, again, the lighting. I also liked the first episode of the Marine Supernova arc in how they put together the Navy base and made sure to have all the individual marines look much more distinct than usual, even adding a handful of female ones. The following two episodes were more standard in the art direction department.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakisuaki View Post
    So we talk a lot about animation, but I rarely hear anyone talk about the art, more specifically the background art. With that said, what are some of your favourite episodes in terms of art? Which episodes looked the most stunning? What are some of the art directors to look out for? (I assume they rotate just like the rest of the staff?)
    It's difficult to discuss art directors when there are just two of them working on the tv series.
    Well, I'll give my brief opinion about the subject. While the backgrounds vary drastically depending on the director and the layout artist (usually the key animator), and only the known ones are the extremely talent, I can still say the art directors working on the One Piece series are definitely good.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information