+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: General Persona Thread

Default Re: General Persona Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I spent something like 3 hours fighting the final boss of Persona 3. Then when I was about to beat him, the bastard charmed my Akihiko who "Diarahaned" him immediately. I lost a few minutes after.
    Yeah, the last boss is incredibly cheap that way. He also sometimes confuses your teammates so they attack you... or you know, their stupid AI that you can't control has them do something stupid instead of what you want them to do.

I tried the last boss 3 times, he cheaped out at the end every time, even after I'd put on wards to avoid the previous problems. I think I just turned it off when one of my team mates full healed him at the last second. Wouldn't be so bad if he didnt have the 12 other forms before getting to the real fight, or if you could keep going when your hero fell but the other characters are still alive.

So I then just watched the ending on youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by Robo Gorilla View Post
    Do people consider 3 to be superior to 4?
    I haven't played 4 yet, but the general consensus seems to be 3 has the better characters, 4 has the better story and gameplay.

I'm holding out for a PSP release of 4, since that'd be a great game for on the go.
    Last edited by Robby; May 25th, 2011 at 01:43 PM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by Robo Gorilla View Post
    Do people consider 3 to be superior to 4? I found the story line of 4 (that I got through) to be more interesting than the story line of 3 (that I got through). Of course, I only watched somebody else play P4 with hilarious commentary and I played through P3 on easy mode (way easier than I expected), so those could both factor into my perceptions of the games.
    Well, I agree with you that P4 has a more interesting storyline, but I still I rank P3 a bit higher because it's harder than P4 IMO, and I for one appreciate challenging games. While both games are magnificent, but after I played through both of them I have to say that P4 was significantly easier than P3, mostly because you can give your team members direct commands and the fact that your party can't get tired or sick, and some other minor details. I know that giving direct commands is definitely an improvement as it eliminates false difficulty like stupid team member AI, but I kind of liked the added challenge.

Anyways, I think you should consider playing P3 on normal or hard difficulty so you can fully enjoy this great game

Kind of a shame...

Spoiler:

Hitler is now "Fuhrer," and he wears Terminator sunglasses.
    この世に悪があるとすればそれは人の心だ。

Great sage,equal of heaven Darkstorm's Avatar

Wow, that's the kind of thing I expect from western releases, not Japanese ones.

WHAT THE SHIT

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/08/31/persona_developments/

WHAAAAAAT THEEEEE SHIIIIIIIIIT

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/08/30/blazblue-team-developing-persona-4-fighting-game/

An Arksys Persona 4 & 3 fighting game that CONTINUES PERSONA 4's STORY

The announcement of the start of development for Persona 5

An enhanced Persona 4 port to PSP Vita

This, coupled with a Persona 4 anime starting in a few weeks

ATLUS.

Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    There's a great lighthearted vibe around here, because no matter how serious we might get, we're all together because of some magical pirate.

Oh Atlus, the one company I can truly rely on. Well, looks like Sony just sold another Vita. Uncharted was one thing, but that AND a P4 remake. Done. I'm sold.

Oh my God this is so awesome.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pictures! via SRK.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I am ready. Today.
    There's a great lighthearted vibe around here, because no matter how serious we might get, we're all together because of some magical pirate.

Neat. Still no intention of picking up a Vita, but I guess I can stop waiting for P4 to hit the regular PSP now. And the fighting game looks neat.

But will Koromaru be playable.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Arksys' stuff is plenty weird as is, so chances are better than one'd expect, I'd say.

*I* wouldn't pass up the opportunity to play as a dog as awesome as Koromaru!

I wonder how they'll incorporate the Personas into combat. Something like the stands in that JoJo's Bizarre Adventure game?

Ok, this is beyond cool. This is godly!

Atlus, you freaking rule.

Looks like I'm no longer getting a 3DS

Great sage,equal of heaven Darkstorm's Avatar

They will be mine

Oh yes

They will be mine.

Is Chie doing God Hand in one of those scans!!????!!!

My heart is not ready for this.

I hope this game has all the persona users from both games.

Jumpei, Chie, Kanji and Koromaru as my mains right now, never going to change that.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Oh and here are some screenshots:

Spoiler:

And some character art:
    Spoiler:

Bison Teddie is awesome.

Im so gonna love this! First an anime and now a fighting game! And it was just a year ago I played Persona 4.
    Ill probably main Yousuke and Kanji.
    I have'nt played Guilty Gear and Blaze Blue so im not that familiar with how similiar the fighting system will be. Were there any similarities between those games?

Pkmn Diamond FC: 0302 0615 6842

Persona 2: IS is the best Persona game (though I think P4 is really close behind), so it would be cool if Persona 5 would take cues and try to mix things up. The way P2 game starts as just high school students and they gather more effective and older characters once they actually leave school and go on "the mission" could really switch things up social link-wise. It can still have a town, or city, as a hub and not be a high school.

Moving from the city and hip-fucking oriented feel of P3 to the country murder-mystery of P4 was a good step (well shit everything was, P4 was every bit better than P3 by a big margin) and so was the more psychological development focus, but after that where do you go with the setting that can determine a fresh style?

Making them high school student as fuck is the big money maker, sadly, so P5 is probably going to have elements of it, once more information is released, that sound redundant, since P3 and P4 are two different ends of Japanese contemporary culture aesthetics. It doesn't have... a whole lot of room on what it can do to stand out and be, unless they ditch the high school student thing, or really switch it up.

Also, P4 fitan gaem fuk yah

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Also I really wish they didn't prioritize the Megami Ibunroku games so much instead of the Megami Tensei games.

I get Persona is the big moneymaker, but fuck give me Shin Megami Tensei 4 alfuckingready goddamit I will murder you Atlus

Quote Originally Posted by Puma View Post
    Im so gonna love this! First an anime and now a fighting game! And it was just a year ago I played Persona 4.
    Ill probably main Yousuke and Kanji.
    I have'nt played Guilty Gear and Blaze Blue so im not that familiar with how similiar the fighting system will be. Were there any similarities between those games?
    They were stylistically very similar but functionally rather different.

Blazblue is more anime-themed, Guilty Gear is more out there. Blazblue is easier to pick up and learn, Guilty Gear is more hardcore.

But both the game are essentially balanced, fast-paced 2D fighters with diverse, unique casts.

Actually this isn't Arc System Works' first time to the adaptation rodeo. They have a bunch of other popular 2D fighting franchise adaptations to their name, including the Fist of the North Star fighter, Sengoku Basara X.

But reports are saying the Persona team is going to be closely involved in this too, and that can only mean good, good things.

I'm not one who buys a system for the sake of just one game, but this is highly tempting.I'll likely have a good long while to make up my mind, at least.
    Last edited by Crossword; August 31st, 2011 at 01:35 PM.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information