+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: General Persona Thread

Default Re: Persona 4

I posted a link about this in the Sony thread. It comes out this summer in Japan, and seems to be quite similar to Higurashi no Naku Koro ni in general concept.

Never played a Persona game, what are they like?

They're all different pretty much. Strong themes of death and violence which is why Persona 2 was rated M.

I never played P3 unfortunately. I'm so glad this game is coming for Ps2 though.

It looks alot like Persona 3 with and one of the characters looks like he's from the Nocturne Shin Megumi(sp?) Tensei(Sp?) series.

Hope it gets a good soundtrack like Persona 3 too.
    Quote Originally Posted by SSM View Post
    Toni, no offense, but you must be the most plain user on the forum. Your posts, your avatar, everything. You're like the Ishamaru of Arlong Park.

That totally came out of nowhere.

Persona was Megami Tensei series flagship in the US..
    How sad if you are a RPG fan who like good/original storyline and have not played persona series..
    Persona 3 did very well in the US.. Though its not closely related to the Megami Tensei series, its a great entry game for anyone who like to know more about the series (and doesn't hate dating sim game)..

Yuara Pirate

Persona 4 already? Didn't Persona 3 came out only like half a year ago?

Reverse the polarity! Senshi Mizaka's Avatar

Default Re: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3

I somehow missed out on getting this game. I was actually about to get a used copy, but I'm glad I didn't after finding out that FES is coming out here in a few weeks.
    Rappin' Chopper:

"Yo; I was a reindeer livin' out in 'da snow! But then this old geeza' doctor brought me into his home! After healin' my wounds, I felt real phat. Then, old docta' Hiruk gave me this blingin' hat! My family beat me, shunt me, but it's all tight. Because I'm doin' my doctor remedies all night. I look like freak with my Human Human fruit. But now I'm with some gangsta' pirates who like to steal loot! All the girls like my blue nose. Yeah; it's the way that I get the *Record scratching*. Usopp's the guy with all 'da glory. He's my main man with all his tight stories. Zolo's Santoryu skills are on ice. You betta' watch out, or you gonna get sliced! Sanji's the cook servin' up the main dish. Don't mess with him, unless that's your wish. Luffy's 'da captain with the straw hat! His Gum Gum skills are real real tight. Vivi's the princess of Alabasta. Now we gotta head there, and we betta' do it faster!"

Didnt want to start a new topic for this..
    But does anyone know where i can get the justice social link?

Xbox: Gaiyae
    Psn id:
    Gaiyae
    3ds FC: 3609 - 1026 - 9535

Very good game. Wish i had the time to play it more!

"You are my living legacy" Naked Snake's Avatar

Default Persona (4)

After Persona 3 Fes (Which I'm Still Playing The Journey)

I Watched The Final Trailer For Persona 4
    http://www.gametrailers.com/player/42212.html
    I About Had An Orgasm
    It Looks So Stylish
    Is Anyone Pumped For The Release
    Are There Any Thoughts (Good Or Bad)About The Series Over All

Default Re: Persona (4)

The cinematics and gameplay and random dialiuge bits and dating sim aspects that all are apparent in the trailer (and theres some actual japanese gameplay vids on youtube) Persona 4 looks to be entirely more of exactly the same of what part 3 brought to the field.

And considering part 3 is one of the best RPGs around, thats not a bad thing by any means.

On the other hand, considering I'm 120 hours into FES, and haven't beaten it yet, or the supposedly 30 hour follow up "The Answer" portion of FES, I'm not sure I'm quite ready to jump right into more of the same just yet. Hopefully there will be a lot more gameplay upgrades and changes that aren't immediatley obvious from just a few quick clips.

Looks great tho, and I'll definatley be buying it. Just might not play it for like, a year...

"You are my living legacy" Naked Snake's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by robbybevard View Post
    The cinematics and gameplay and random dialiuge bits and dating sim aspects that all are apparent in the trailer (and theres some actual japanese gameplay vids on youtube) Persona 4 looks to be entirely more of exactly the same of what part 3 brought to the field.

And considering part 3 is one of the best RPGs around, thats not a bad thing by any means.

On the other hand, considering I'm 120 hours into FES, and haven't beaten it yet, or the supposedly 30 hour follow up "The Answer" portion of FES, I'm not sure I'm quite ready to jump right into more of the same just yet. Hopefully there will be a lot more gameplay upgrades and changes that aren't immediatley obvious from just a few quick clips.

Looks great tho, and I'll definatley be buying it. Just might not play it for like, a year...
    Same Here
    I'm On 1/6 In The Journey & Havent Touched The Answer (Onward To Nyx) & Still Have A Long Way To Go
    I Dont Have The Time(Oh Wait I Do) Or The 50 Dollars To Spend
    I'm Waiting For Persona 4 Fes
    But Its Good To Wish

Reverse the polarity! Senshi Mizaka's Avatar

I haven't been playing alot of FES because of school. But, I remember just getting Akihiko in my party. I still think this game is unbelievable, especially having my mind blow by the Evokers.

You bet I'll be getting Persona 4 if it's more of the same.
    Rappin' Chopper:

"Yo; I was a reindeer livin' out in 'da snow! But then this old geeza' doctor brought me into his home! After healin' my wounds, I felt real phat. Then, old docta' Hiruk gave me this blingin' hat! My family beat me, shunt me, but it's all tight. Because I'm doin' my doctor remedies all night. I look like freak with my Human Human fruit. But now I'm with some gangsta' pirates who like to steal loot! All the girls like my blue nose. Yeah; it's the way that I get the *Record scratching*. Usopp's the guy with all 'da glory. He's my main man with all his tight stories. Zolo's Santoryu skills are on ice. You betta' watch out, or you gonna get sliced! Sanji's the cook servin' up the main dish. Don't mess with him, unless that's your wish. Luffy's 'da captain with the straw hat! His Gum Gum skills are real real tight. Vivi's the princess of Alabasta. Now we gotta head there, and we betta' do it faster!"

I am ridiculously excited about this game. Just hope I have the cash when it comes out!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mog View Post
    Also, it's a children's comic from Japan.

Why are you comparing it to cultural engravings and burritos.

Persona 3= Mature Pokemon + Dating Sim. It's awesome that way.

Kiro Tsubuki

Persona 4 looks beautiful. The graphics are great and the characters look awesome. All in all I think that Persona 4 is gonna be one badass game.

Looks like this is out already. Anyone already get to play it?

Psn id:
    Gaiyae

Well, I finally started it today (after blowing 96 hours of my life on 'The Journey' of P3FES, and being unwilling to touch 'The Answer' just yet).

It's stylish, but who exactly decided "let's use incredibly difficult to read fonts for the numbers, so you can't tell if you have 30 or 50 HP?" And way too much yellow makes my brain hurt.

And I'm a bit disappointed that the Evoker concept seems to be gone-- after it was put so delightfully bluntly here http://penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/8...bling-imagery/

I'm almost done with this game (i want to get the good ending). And it's even better then part 3 IMO!

Playing on NORMAL difficulty and my highest persona is Satan (lvl 80). Almost all my personal stats are maxed, Most SL completed (even margaret, so i can get "the world" persona with a new game+).

Highly addictive!

Psn id:
    Gaiyae

Yeah, i thought it was much better than 3 too. In fact, i'm trying to play "the answer" but it's hard to get into the previous game again when the gameplay was so much revamped in this sequel.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information