+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Card Captor Sakura

Default Card Captor Sakura

Did a search, and I'm surprised that I didn't find a thread for it here. Ah well.

I'm only up to episode 28 (watched the first 17 episodes months ago, and picked it up again recently), and I've started to take a strong liking to it. It's started to get better now that Shaoran isn't such a dick like when he first appeared.

Discuss (bleh, I suck at starting topics. hopefully someone has something to talk about it).

Default Re: Card Captor Sakura

Before we start. PLEASE, NO DISCUSSION ABOUT THE ENGLISH VERSION. (If that's fine with you, Solar.)
    It's been quite some time since I read or watched this.
    I have to finish it sometime. I believe this is one of the first series I watched in Japanese. It's a very cute series.

I don't have much to say right now, but I'll post later once I remember a few things.

By the way, here is something for when you finish CCS.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsubasa...voir_Chronicle

I don't mind at all, but a friend of mine told me about an English redub that's aired in a few asian countries. Can't seem to find any clips of it though. >.>

The English version was quite horrible, like many other shows. I wonder if the re-dub is better.

I can't remember how many episodes it had, but I know it was long. But the show/manga was a pretty clever idea, and cute to boot. I loved the movies, too. :]
    The only thing is that I always felt they were a little too young. Like in 3rd grade?

I read the flopped manga, first 3 volumes, from my library. Not bad. I wouldn't mind having a copy of that sweet english/japanese doubleprints they had a while back (same comic twice, in 2 languages)

Doubleprints? Never heard of that before.

And I'm sure that they're in the 4th grade. Crazy, huh?

Spoiler:
    And in the end, they turned into 7th graders.

When I first took a look at Tsubasa Chronicles, I really thought it was a sequel from CLAMP.

I like Cardcaptor Sakura it's cute i like when Sakura uses Face Faults I don't like the KidsWB verison they change Tomoyo into Madison and they said Sakura wrong they said Sacora

Kamen Rider OOOs

Quote Originally Posted by Cr4zy View Post
    Spoiler:
    And in the end, they turned into 7th graders.

When I first took a look at Tsubasa Chronicles, I really thought it was a sequel from CLAMP.
    In a way it is. We have a Tsubasa topic, but it flopped. I'll see if I can find it.

Hmm, I wonder what kind of person would think of a card such as THE SWEET. Or THE FLOWER. >.>;

Hey, there already is a thread, nice.

Don't know if anyone else likes this show or not but there's a sequel series called Clear Card that takes place a couple years after the first series that being serialized right now. It's 18 chapters in and is getting an anime series starting next month (no clue how that scheduling is going to work since the manga is monthly and a weekly series will catch up pretty quickly). I'm pretty sure new chapters come out within the first couple days of each month too so there should be a new chapter next week.

Spoiler:
    The allusions to Alice in Wonderland so far are pretty interesting. There were a few episodes (haven't read the manga of the original series) about Alice in Wonderland in the original but Akiho in Clear Card (and Yuka) have some other Alice book called Alice in Timeland so I'm interested in where that's going to end up going, especially with Yuka apparently being the antagonist in some way so far. Syaoran and Eriol seem to have their own thing going on too that they're not telling Sakura about for some reason.

Yes, I've seen Clear Card. Beautiful as ever, but I would have preferred CLAMP to come up with a new series.

The Tetsuo Ishimaru of AP Gizmo's Avatar

Think this will connect to her other big series?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregory House
    Right and wrong do exist. Just because you don't know what the right answer is maybe there's even no way you could know what the right answer is doesn't make your answer right or even okay. It's much simpler than that. It's just plain wrong.

Somehow I feel like all the CLAMP series are related in some way or the other. But Tsubasa and xxxHolic have been done to death already, it's time to move on.

And it's "their" series, not "her".

I love this series

I honest to god, absolutely love, from top to bottom, this fucking series.

It's innocent to a fault, has a wonderful cast of characters, excellent music and is just something you can watch that puts a smile on your face. Absolutely in my top 5 series of all time.
    I started a blog about Harem Anime right here! https://dewbond.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by KzTxL7 View Post
    I wasn't distracted by Lucy being half naked.

You won this week Fairy Tail.

New chapter has raws and a translation out. I imagine it's fine to link them here but I'll wait for someone to confirm that.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    Yes, I've seen Clear Card. Beautiful as ever, but I would have preferred CLAMP to come up with a new series.
    I would think most people would prefer they get around to finishing X properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    I would think most people would prefer they get around to finishing X properly.
    This is true. But Tsubasa needs to DIE.

A shame that my only memories of this series is that terrible English dub (and yet, I believe some of its charm still managed to break through).

Someone for some reason thought it was worth it to upload all the dub episodes to Youtube so you can relive the dub at your leisure if you want ;)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information